News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Stab variation

Started by shalafi, 11 June, 2014, 12:25:22

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Hi folks,

I've been trying to land this trick for a while but it still eludes me, and I don't remember it on any edit, so it may be "new"

The trick, you start like you are going to do a stab, but at the point where you'd do the stabbing, you release the ken and hold the tama (kind of fast hand) finishing in an aeroplane-like position.

Also, not sure how to call it, it is not strictly a fast hand trick.

If you feel like trying it, and you get it on camera, please share it, I'd like to see it
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Mmm yes, the 1st and 2nd ones one is exactly it, the 3rd one looks somehow slightly different.

At least the last video I've seen it a couple of times. Apparently I noticed the trick at a subconscious level, because I did not remember seeing it.

I was surprised that such trick was not done before... thanks Void.

What about the second part of the question: How do we call it?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

"Stab Fast Hand..." would probably suggest that you do the Stab, and then do a Fast Hand... , so it should maybe be
"Stabbing Fast Hand Aeroplane"? Not sure. It's one of those cases where describing the precise subtleties of the trick could end up with a really long trick name. So I could make up a non-descriptive name for it, I suppose. But I don't want to. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!