News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Consistency Competition #8

Started by KendaMushroom, 27 December, 2011, 13:57:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorny

I didn't realise you weren't allowed to move your person, I thought the 3second rule applied directly and only to the kendama...

I guess it was a simple schoolboy error haha. As for which kendama... I think I'd rather have the beeswax, they seem quite rare these days... competition seal Rokurosens aren't as elusive.

Thank you, Nic and everyone else.

Gonna be a nice day when that parcel arrives regardless!

HansNickmans

Just wondering what a beeswax oozora is? Haven't seen it anywhere...
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Well, I agree that James fully deserves his win, but for clarity, the BKA competition rule is that the *hand* must be held still while holding the balance for 3 seconds.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Peter

"hand" hold still compared to the rest of my body, so that I can walk around with it, yet with a stiff arm? Or compared to the rest of the universe, so that I can twist around my hand while it stays at the point it is...? ???

The Void

Hand still in relation to the floor (universe!). It's never been tested, but if I were judging then I suppose I would allow an "isolation balance", yes. I don't recommend deliberately trying it though! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Peter

Which reminds my, that my second try with 100 failures maximum is due today... so, here we go again....

The Birds flew everywhere, but not over the valley for a long time. But the Lighthouse turned in the 11th try. And the hanging one turn airplane crashed severall times near to the runway. Thus, today I came to trick 15 before my 100 fails have been achieved... :-)

Next try tomorrow.

KendaMushroom

Quote from: HansNickmans on 07 January, 2012, 13:22:56
Just wondering what a beeswax oozora is? Haven't seen it anywhere...

not produced anymore...so that's why ;)

Peter

Day No. 3. Again, I failed in the Lighthouse turn, after achieving my personal frustration limit of 100 mistakes a day. Yet, until I came there, I was considerably better than yesterday. The bird spiked after the valley in the 5th attempt...

Still a very long way to go, but I come nearer  :)

The Void

18 again for me today.
I can't seem to get the spin right on the 2-t LH - I always seem to under- or over-spin it. Oh well, more practise, I suppose....

KendAlex

man i also can't get it clean, everytime get misses on the easiest tricks.
but what i did today that was realy blew my mind, i did a hanging 1,5 turn stilts landing totaly clean, and hold forever, i almost cried haha
but id not get it on tape, grrr battery died for the 38 times this ladder.
someday however the ladder is over or not, i'm gonna stick this one clean in my life.

Keep on clicking.

Edit: i did the ladder from the start with a Mugen kendama and my best shot was 4 misses.
10 minutes ago i get a almost new oozora and give it a shot, the first run i did with it was 14 misses, (bird 2 miss, around cosmos 1miss, jumping stick 1 miss, and hanging 1,5 turn earoplane 4 misses, swing in dubbel flip lighthouse 6 misses)

Mirek

50, 47, 22 and I did that 2 turn bith on a first try. My training is kinda similar so I will not continue with this ladder.  8)

Well done Thorny I am looking forward to your ladder.

Peter

"The next ladder of thorny", btw... Hm, will it be announced, before the third player achieved Kendamushis tricklist? Or afterwards? I would like to see afterwards, this keeps the training efforts in the community on a certain level. Yet, well, this could least some time... :)

The Void

I would suggest that we leave this one open for a month from when it started (like we did when no-one could do #4), and if by then no-one has joined Thorny in conquering it, it gets put in cold-storage, and we move on to #9. But it's up to Nicolas to officially hand over the "KCC baton" for the next one whenever he thinks it's right to do so.

Thorny

Quote from: The Void on 08 January, 2012, 22:51:08
I would suggest that we leave this one open for a month from when it started (like we did when no-one could do #4), and if by then no-one has joined Thorny in conquering it, it gets put in cold-storage, and we move on to #9. But it's up to Nicolas to officially hand over the "KCC baton" for the next one whenever he thinks it's right to do so.

Thanks for the clarification there, Void. I was going to ask about this but I see others already have! aha

Thanks guys, who I already haven't thanked btw.

I guess I'll get planning my ladder... it's won't be as demoralising as this one, I can reassure you!

KendaMushroom

If i do your ladder first try....i keep my beeswax! hahaha kidding.

yeah I think this ladder should stay open for a month...if within that time nobody has come up with 1 miss or less...we can give the royal crown to thorny and get on with it!

keep it up! looks like you are all progressing everyday!

for the 2 turn lighthouse void. spinning it with big cup faceing you "same way as 1turn airplane" helps a lot to spin properly and you have time to see it coming, think of it as barely half a turn more than 1turn airplane...and gravity wise...it's just catching it a little bit lower :) hope this helps!