News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Sweets Special

Started by KendAlex, 12 October, 2013, 05:00:54

Previous topic - Next topic

KendAlex

hello Folks.
here is a new tutorial.
this trick is invented by Sweets kendamas, and i did learned from him last summer

the name of the ''sweets special'' in Japanese name for this trick is:
Naruto Furiken - 鳴門ふりけん - Maelstorm Swing

with help from Katsuaki Shimadera, we are proud to show the world.
enjoy

The Void

Good one Alex! Thanks.

KendAlex + Sweets + Cima = Heppp!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kendama+cliniK

I'll get this! and I'll tell everyone it was because of you! haha

My friends and I learn a lot from your tutorials, thanks for making them!
Kendama+cliniK

happygoat

Excellent skills as always!! Nice instructions :-)

Thank you for sharing

mreasyguy

I love this sweets special, I have been doing it in all sorts of lines. It's simple yet without instruction, hard.

I have found that the spike catch is alot easier with less spins mind, I've found the ideal number of spins for me is 3, anything more than that the ball doesn't seem to want to spin around.

Great Tutorial Alex, Thanks!

KendAlex

thanks guys,
if there is any trick you can't land or want to know how i do it,
please tell me and maybe i considder to make a tutorial for it

keep it up
never give up
nothing is impossible
:)

udgfxp

I've been able to consistently handroll and go straight into the wrap around the spike and landing on the big cup, the part I'm having trouble with is release timing to be able to catch the ken and spike it. I've noticed that if I release when the ken and tama are at a 180* angle then the tama is in a perfect position to downspike, but I still havent managed to land it. Any tips on the spike, downspike, or both?

Heres the trick tutorial by KendAlex:

Confound

Thank you for pointing this out to me!! It's a really cool trick. I tried it out for half a hour or so and managed to land it twice. I let go as soon as I feel the the dama bottom out and slightly swing forward. I focused on how the ball would spin around in relation with the speed of spin and when I released. Then the rest is getting the ken under it in time. Practice makes perfect!!!

BKA