News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2013. Bristol, 27/28th April 2013.

Started by BKA, 15 October, 2012, 13:27:15

Previous topic - Next topic

skt

Looking forward to meeting you all this weekend! should be a lot of fun, the 8 hour drive not so much though. see you all on Saturday!  ;D

BKA

Much respect to you guys for making the trek!

Meanwhile, who doesn't love getting a bunch of paperwork prepared?

BKA

Slight PA upgrade for the BKO.... (2013 left, 2012 right)   :)

BKA

Who likes CASH? Just some of what's up for grabs on Sunday....

Kev

Great to see you've got the all important Chip Shop marked on the map  ;)

BKA

The lovely folk at kendama.dk have donated some prize vouchers for the BKO social day - thank you guys!
So what are they for? You'll have to come out to play on Saturday to find out!

BKA

Gravity Outlaws will be coming to trade at BKO, showing off their range of logo'd and embroidered products. Drop them a line if you have any requests!

The Void

We just heard Niggety Nixaan's coming from the Netherlands! Awesome. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

What's that you say? You're not coming to BKO unless you get a free gift[nb]Tea, coffee, biscuits and Kyu grading not enough for you?[/nb]? Okay then, if you insist. First 30 people through the door on Sunday...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

Wish i could be there. I think the bko and eko come a little bit to early in my kendama carreer ^^.  Next year i be there for 100% . 1year training hard!

BKA

Although it's billed as a competition, it's really just an excuse for a great social get-together. The emphasis is firmly on fun and friendship, with only a side-order of competitiveness. Please never consider yourself "not skilled enough" to come to a competition. Everyone who comes to one, even a just-learnt-Big-Cup player always enjoys themselves, so always take every possible opportunity to go to a kendama meet/event/comp!

Cliffdama

Hehe i know. Also it's because i become uncle this weekend ^^ and tourlouse i can't get the days of off of work :(. Next year! And then one year ahead also my skill level will be up a bit. Can you also do rankings over at the bko?

BKA

Cool. BKO competition day is a bit hectic, but we are squeezing in gradings in the first hour on Sunday this year. Well, I hope you don't have to wait a whole year. Maybe can make it to an event in the Netherlands some time. (KendAlex and JeffreyVR are BKA examiners too, so maybe they can grade you sometime if you get to meet up with them.)
Cheers!

Kev

Morning all,

Happy BKO day(s)! - really hope you all have lots of fun.

Gutted I can't make it this weekend but can I make a request for lots of photos and videos please - would love to see some of the action!

Enjoy!

BKA