News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

German Kendama Championship, 12th December, in Berlin

Started by the milky oolong, 16 November, 2015, 12:42:08

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

From Marc Wibbels' Facebook page for the upcoming event. Anyone who wants to come try and take the German title, we'll find you a bed or at least a couch:

"The German Kendama Championship will be held this year at the Berlin Cosmopolitan School. In various skill levels can be started to fight for many great prizes but above all for the coveted titles in categories such as Speed Trick, Freestyle / Best Trick and the supreme discipline Knock Out Competition.
During the day you can participate at Mini Games as well as and official DAN examinations are taken.
But most important - you can make new friends and jam with great Kendama Players from all over Germany and beyond.
The trick ladders to the various Battles will be online 14 days prior to the championship - the 27th November 2015. So you guys have two weeks to prepare for the comp.

In addition to many young players who come straight from Berlin and the Cosmopolitan School, we expect Kendama players not only from all over Germany, but also from our neighboring countries.
All Nations are Welcome!"
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Great stuff. I doubt I'll be ale to pop over for this one, but have a great time!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

LarsVegas

Attention, there's a typo in the title: The GKC is on 12th (twelveth ... ?) of December @the milky oolong
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

the milky oolong

Well spotted, Lars, thanks for this! Yes, I messed up, it's the 12th (twelfth... what a weird word...) December, at the same place. Sorry everyone!
Kendama Berlin

the milky oolong

(Hi guys, sorry I've not gotten round to writing this up until now, I am currently travelling in South Korea).

As requested by Void I wanted to give a brief run-down of the 2015 German Kendama Championships.

The competition took place at the Berlin Cosmopolitan School on the 12th of December, and as I had nothing better to do than frantically practise Speed Trick B, I was roped into judging along with Marc Wibbels (Kendama Europe), Till Marquart and Peter Wimmers (Peter_W). The fantastic Ole Boehl moderated the event. We had the pleasure of a visit from Kendama.cz's Mirek and BJ, along with a the whole of the Kendama Hannover team, a flying visit from our forum's own Marcel and Skubi, who did not go home disappointed.

I have still not received an official list of the competitors' final positions, so I have had to reconstruct this mainly from memory and photos of the event:

Junior (kids) Knockout
1st: Navid
2nd: Llyvelyan
3rd: Miracles

Beginner Knockout
1st: Skubi
2nd: Kenny
3rd: ? (sorry sorry sorry)

Beginner Speed Trick
1st: Skubi
2nd: Olaf (Kendama Berlin)
3rd: Martin Eddie

Advanced Speed Trick
1st: Paul (Kendama Hannover)
2nd: Simon Hakker
3rd: the milky oolong (Kendama Berlin, fluffed it after acing the first three rounds)

Advanced Knockout (absolutely gruelling round, well done everyone!)
1st: Simon Hakker
2nd: Marcel (BKA Forum, String Freak!)
3rd: BJ

Freestyle: BJ!

This was an unbelievable leap in participation and also skill level compared with the last championships. All told there were 50 (fifty) competitors, and many of the qualifiers were drawn from the ranks of the Kendama Hannover team, who are all ruthless, gritty and also lovable. In the warm-up rounds for Advanced Speed Trick I was practising with Mirek and BJ from Kendama.cz, and I think more out of fear of them than anything else I completed my first run in record time, which didn't hold up for the final. A big congratulations to Marcel for holding things down in a sickening final round of Knockout, chock full of Wingwalkers, Stilts and other balancey evils. And to Skubi and Martin Eddie for swooping the loot in the Beginner categories!

Thanks to Kendama Europe for the prizes, and Martin Marvel (Mister Benneke) for hosting us and for his work bringing Kendama into the schools of Berlin. Here's to next year
Kendama Berlin

BKA

Thanks for the cool write-up. Good to hear the scene's growing in Germany.
Happy travels!

the milky oolong

Just had to add this group photo of us outside after the event. Pretty nice!
Kendama Berlin

Baum

It was a really great event and I am already looking for the next one!
Nice write up, too!

The only thing I can add is that kendama.cz's Mirek took some great pitcures and put them up on the company's facebook...
Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153896748559673.1073741848.69876059672&type=3
Why would I have a signature? I have nothing else to say... go away! Or reply! Or send me a damadare! Or make friends with me, whaterver....