News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Hey, Matt, if it's "Penguin grip" (The one in A-Tunbridge Wells), then it can't be "Candle", since Candle is necessarily Candle Grip.
So ,do you mean "Penguin Base Cup" or "Penguin Candle"? Presumably the former, since you mention a grip change, and Penguin Candle would not have a grip change....

kendamatty

Apologies for the confusion, it has been a long morning!.  So next trick :

Monkey's chair > penguin base cup catch!

BKA

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user] & [user]the milky oolong[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100 (News of prizes to follow soon.)

Next trick is:
87 [from Monkey's Chair] > Penguin Base Cup
Please note that the spike must clearly leave your fingers when doing the grip change (no cheeky shuffles here!)
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user] & [user]kendamatty[/user] must sit out round 87.
Good luck everyone!

jsirois31

What is Monkey's Chair? I've never heard of it before.
Perfect Practice make Perfect.

BKA

jsirois31

I uploaded the trick, but when I go to replay it, the screen starts of sideways and then goes black. Does anyone know why this is happening?

BKA

At a guess, you filmed on your phone, but tilted it just before you started filming, and the orientation sensor got confused? Don't know about the going black bit though. Does it look okay when you play it back on your camera/phone?

jsirois31

It looks perfect on my phone.  Ill try to reupload it later if noone else has.

BKA

Ah, just seen it on JTV. Well, that looks like the correct trick, but you filmed in Portrait , and the rules say you have to film in Landscape. (Otherwise it will look out of place in the next compilation video.) Any chance you can film it again, but turn your camera so the screen is sideways, first? (You may need to stand slightly further back to fit the whole trick in.)

jsirois31

Here is Monkey's Chair to Penguin Base Cup.  The next trick is Penguin Base Cup to Big Cup Bird. Endless Combo 87 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKA

Quote from: jsirois31 on 16 June, 2014, 16:25:37The next trick is Penguin Base Cup to Big Cup Bird.
Easy now, you have to wait for [user]kendamatty[/user] to verify your trick first, before you can set the next one....

kendamatty

BKA

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user] & [user]jsirois31[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100 (News of prizes to follow soon.)

Next trick is:
88. [from Penguin Base Cup] > (Big Cup) Bird.
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user] & [user]jsirois31[/user] must sit out round 88.
Good luck everyone!

shalafi

I gave this a quick go yesterday... I was close to land it, will keep trying.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Hmmm, it is tough. I've been trying for 10 minutes. I've been close a few times, but no proper landing...

More tomorrow.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.