News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

My dama journey

Started by Heero, 05 March, 2016, 00:59:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Heero

So I got my first kendama in November but didn't really pick it up much. I originally only threw yoyos but decided to get a dama since my friend kept telling me to jam dama with him. All I learned was basics; earth turn, jstick etc. wasn't till after Christmas I started to really love and get the feel for it with tracking and such. Now I can't stop jammin. So, with that said. Here's some short videos of my progression.

Heero

Heero

KenSan

Great progress in so few months! Nice work.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Good stuff dude. I'm still terrible with my 1-Turn Lunars, ha!
I like how you've also progressed from filiming in portrait to filming in landscape. :-) And that shot through the fence with the setting sun was really nice too.
Keep on clickin'!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Heero

Thanks guys. I feel the progression. Some of those tricks I did feel easy to me now. Here's a couple videos I took since I had landed a 2 turn light.

2 turn light to double flip to spike.

Heero

3 turn light house!!!!!! And almost stuck that double lighthouse flip to lighthouse.

Heero

The Void

Nice work, dude!

Note: "Spike" means holding the ken, so the first and third of those recent ones are "...to Aeroplane" (or "...to In" for short).

Keep clicking!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Heero

Ahh. Thanks for the schoolin.

the milky oolong

Solid work. Keep at it, everything's looking really good from here :)
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Heero

Quote from: the milky oolong on 13 March, 2016, 02:22:21
Solid work. Keep at it, everything's looking really good from here :)
thanks homie. got a couple new laces today that I'm super stoked on.
Double flip whirlwind

One turn lighthouse to double flip lighthouse in

I HAVE THE POOWWEEER!!

Heero

Sup fam. It's been a good minute since I've been on here. Wanted to put up some recent clips I shot on the progress I've made for you all and myself.