News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

ray

Today I...

received my first kendama and I got the "jumping stick". I think I can't repeat it in one year.
Enjoy your life. Circus and love!

BKA

Congrats, Ray. And yes you can! Smile, breathe, knees... go for it!
:)

ray

Thanks @BKA, I got it 3 times more!!!

Today I... got (by myself) the Kyu 3 (not exam). At he moment, the most difficult for me in Kyu grades is "Swing in" and the hardest is pass from the big cup to the base cup in "Around the world" because I can't move so much my wrist, but I got it.

Good morning.

The Void

Nice, Ray. Yep, those things will get smoother with practice...

Today I opened my GT16. Waiting to see how the paint breaks in. Couple of quick tricks with it, including a Handcuffs exit variation.

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

Hit a few trick recently some lighthouse flips, 1 turn lunars and 1 solitary lunar flip. However most chuffed with 226 moshi kami which would I believe get me into the 1st Dan realm
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

ray

Wow, all of you speak about tricks I don't have idea. Step by step.

Today I... got 116 Moshi Kame.

At the moment I got at least two times these tricks: Kendama Tricks:

- Big cup, Small cup, Base cup, Candle, Spike, Aeroplane, Swing in, Around Japan, Around the world, Lighthouse, Moshi Kame 50.

- Moshi Kame 100, Around prefecture, Slip on stick, Earth Turn, Reverse swing in, Bird, Hanging pull up in, Jumping stick, Swing the candle.

- Swinging big cup, Swinging small cup, Swinging base cup, Swinging slip on stick, Orbit, Arm bounce, Tap back, Chops, Thumb trap, Inverse thumb trap, Reverse aeroplane, Spike little finger, Spike to spike (turning the ball), Faster than gravity, Spike closed eyes, Earth turning x2, Earth turning x3, Fast hand base cup (starting in aeroplane), Robocop, Robocop + Base cup.

Best.

ray

Today I... got two new tricks to add in my tricks list: "Around Japan 2 times" (I got it 10 times 2 times... the two times, ten times). And also around the world 3 times (only one time the 3 times). My happy face ->  :)

Swing in is the hardest trick to me, at he moment.

Kendamas and love!

the milky oolong

Good work, ray. Keep working on the Swing-In, it's a crucial trick and you'll find it'll become your go-to trick to get into a loaded ken (ball on spike) position for doing other tricks you currently won't be able to believe you'll learn with time.

Today I played a few rounds of KEN with the Kendama Berlin team and enjoyed the fact that it's starting to be come very challenging indeed playing in my small circle. Keep it tight, people!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Keep it up guys!

Today I was pretty tired after a 6-hour drive home, but I took an afternoon nap before I headed out to MoNKe. Great, and surprising, to see some unexpected new faces there, and we got a couple of converts too. Good fun playing KEN, but Follow was better... especially when we ditched the lives. :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

ray

Thanks for the advise, @the milky oolong. I'll work in this trick (maybe I'll make it a new hole).

Today I... got the Falling down.

shalafi

Wow @ray you're progressing very quickly. Nice!

Today I jammed with some crazy guys... Love to meet them every time I got the chance.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

ray

Quote from: shalafi on 14 October, 2015, 06:48:33
Wow @ray you're progressing very quickly. Nice!...
I think so. Thanks. I play kendama for survive the cold weather because my heater is broken. But next week I'll finish to fix it, so, maybe my motivation will be low.

ray

Today I... got Around Ireland. Thanks, @shalafi. I love Ireland. Any Irish here?

The Void

I realised this morning that I haven't played kendama since Monday. (Done a fair bit of kendama-related stuff on the computer though). Well, let's finish this coffee and then try to get outside... (Looks cold out there!)

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 16 October, 2015, 13:59:38
I realised this morning that I haven't played kendama since Monday. (Done a fair bit of kendama-related stuff on the computer though). Well, let's finish this coffee and then try to get outside... (Looks cold out there!)
14° is about the lower limit for me practising outside.
Rubbish run yesterday, failing on 4 tricks. Better today, only missed 2 JS. Goes to show that slacking off on practice is not an option. More work!
I'm reading Bounce by Matthew Syed at the moment... Inspiring (and yet somehow depressing).