News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

SamB

... got my  first super flamingo spacewalk and now I knackered!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

That gives me an idea for a kendama game: A Super Flamingo race!

Meanwhile, today I cracked open a new yellow Oozora. Amazingly, it's my first one of the new gen models. Let's see how it fares......
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Thorny

Quote from: SamB on 26 October, 2012, 17:27:26
... got my  first super flamingo spacewalk and now I knackered!

I remember when I finally did that, Sam... I felt like dying! It was tiring, to say the least! haha

Today I finally managed a Double Turntable! :D Been practising my Turntables quite a lot recently after having seen Thorkild do a Quad-Table in the KROM! kendama movie trailer (which astounded me and made my brain melt slightly).

kendamski

What is a super flamingo spacewalk?

Today I landed my first ever double bird flip.

BKA

SamB

I finally did the hardest trick in the book[nb]"Knees!" by The Void and Donald Grant[/nb] and I went Around Tunbridge Wells. One less life goal on the list...

http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg4967.html#msg4967
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

AlexSmith

Today[nb]Ok it was last night, but after midnight, so lets just call it today anyways[/nb] I managed to win a little mini-contest that Dutchkendama posted to Facebook (first person to do one of two tricks from his new edit). I was the first to do the trick[nb]properly, according to Jeff[/nb] at the 1:00 mark. Real tricky, I managed to land it twice in about 55 minutes (first time the framing was way off). I am now a LOT better at catching rosoku after a moon circle haha

shalafi

Today I got a very nice UV Orange performer and played with it for a while. I managed to land Bird Fly Over the Valley quite quickly (and so far I only landed it 2 more times with a regular kendama)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Bird Fly Over the Valley is defintely simpler with the performer, I did another 3 times this morning.

On the other hand, I am getting consistent with 1-Turn aeroplane, thanks to the Speed Trick B

shalafi

The Void

Nice. I got 2/10 2-Turn Lighthouse today. Last 5 times was 0/10, so that's a relief. I think my Sunrise is better for it than my Oozora though (it felt different).
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 19 November, 2012, 22:26:12
Nice. I got 2/10 2-Turn Lighthouse today. Last 5 times was 0/10, so that's a relief. I think my Sunrise is better for it than my Oozora though (it felt different).
But you can not take your exam with the SunRise :)

I am getting 2/10 on 1-turn aeroplane consistently, and 3 birds in a row! getting there for STB

The Void

Quite true, but although I know I have to use a JKA kd for my exam, I like to mix up which ones I practise with. Nice one on 2-T Aero - I'm not quite solid enough on that one either! :)

The Void

Today I landed Bird Fly Over the Valley 10/10 with my oozora. #KendamApp. I usually struggle to get 5.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 21 November, 2012, 18:27:47
Today I landed Bird Fly Over the Valley 10/10 with my oozora. #KendamApp. I usually struggle to get 5.
That's cool, it is still my favorite trick, even more now that I can land it from time to time