News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Consistency Competition #5

Started by Toby, 14 December, 2011, 18:58:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Bringing you 'Spike-a-ling proficiency'!

What I've tried to go with here is effectively lots of ways of doing the same trick!

Same rules apply, no drops allowed for this one. Not sure if I've got the difficulty level right, none of the tricks on their own are toooo challenging but I feel to do them all with no drops hopefully will be...so here goes:

1.)Pull-up in

2.) Swing in

3.)Reverse swing in

4.)Faster than gravity

5.)Hanging pull-up in

6.)Stabbing heaven

7.) Slip on stick

8.) Around the village

9.)Aeroplane

10.) Lighthouse to spike [nb]By this I don't mean lighthouse falling down, I mean lighthouse then toss ken and tama, grab ken and spike ball.[/nb]

Up for grabs this time round we have:

• An instructional diabolo DVD
  • A kendama string (complete with bead!!)
  • A kinder chocolate bar
  • And a kinder surprise toy [nb]I don't even know what's in there! Exciting![/nb]

Ready........GO!!!
SRC 2011 Moshi Kame Champion

The Void

I like the look of it. Number 10's the killer.

But I want to give you some sort of award for the title! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Mirek

Do you have any rules for Slip on stick and Faster than gravity? Should I do it Japanese way, British way or you don't mind?

John

Good challenge, Toby! If only I wasn't terrible at slip-on-stick. However, a Kinder treat is a healthy incentive indeed....

AlexSmith

Around the village is big cup -> spike right?

Mirek

The Void

Quote from: Mirek on 15 December, 2011, 07:53:18
Do you have any rules for Slip on stick and Faster than gravity? Should I do it Japanese way, British way or you don't mind?
I know there's the new-for-BKO-2012 "straight arm" rule for FTG, but there's only one way of doing Slip-on-stick, .....isn't there?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Toby

I would use the BKA rules for all tricks
SRC 2011 Moshi Kame Champion

Mirek

Quote from: The Void on 15 December, 2011, 13:17:27
I know there's the new-for-BKO-2012 "straight arm" rule for FTG, but there's only one way of doing Slip-on-stick, .....isn't there?

I guess you had problem with Slip on the stick at Munich durring the Dan degree because you slip it on stick but you had to throw it up and spike instead. Am I right?

The Void

Quote from: Mirek on 15 December, 2011, 14:43:22I guess you had problem with Slip on the stick at Munich durring the Dan degree because you slip it on stick but you had to throw it up and spike instead. Am I right?
Ah, I think you are mixing up Slip-on-stick and the first part of Around the Cosmos. In Slip-on-stick, the rule is that the ball must stay in contact with the spike during the slide. In Around The Cosmos (and I only discovered this at Munich), the (JKA) rule is that after the 'ken stop', the ball must leave contact with the ken before being spiked.

Mirek

I thought that Around the Cosmos is starting with Slip on stick. Now it's clear for me, thanks.

SamB

Quote from: Toby on 14 December, 2011, 18:58:02
none of the tricks on their own are toooo challenging but I feel to do them all with no drops hopefully will be.

I just gave it a go and you are spot on. The tricks are not hard alone but all in one go is really tough.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Agreed. I just got to #9 after many tries. #10 is a trick I need to practice though, as I've hardly tried it before.

GbH

Quote from: The Void on 15 December, 2011, 17:22:02
Agreed. I just got to #9 after many tries. #10 is a trick I need to practice though, as I've hardly tried it before.

Likewise, I just got 1-9 clean without too much trouble.  Getting that tenth trick on cue, though, is another matter as again, as it's not something I've really worked on (although it is, at least, a trick I've done occasionally). 

I somehow doubt this challenge will last too much longer...

Mirek

Would you please check if I did it right?