News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Painting the tama?

Started by dndor, 01 July, 2015, 20:07:37

Previous topic - Next topic

dndor

Hey guys.
I am about to buy a kendama and I want to buy the plain one and just paint it over whatever I like.. The question is what type of colors can I use? Can I use regular acrylic colors with brush and it will still be smooth? Or the only way to keep it smooth is with special equipment? It's pretty critical to me so I would know so I would know if to buy the plain one or the other..   

The Void

Hi @dndor ,
Welcome to the forum. The search box in the top corner is pretty useful. ;)
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,723.0.html
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

dndor

Quote from: The Void on 01 July, 2015, 20:17:43
Hi @dndor ,
Welcome to the forum. The search box in the top corner is pretty useful. ;)
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,723.0.html

Hey Void, I did saw that topic before posting mine. I saw the person over there used spraycan of acrylic and therefore my question is if I can use normal acrylic with brush and it will still be smooth or I must use spraycan acrylic. I mean can the normal acrylic (with brush abd normal painting) somehow ruin my kendama?
Thanks for the quick answer tho!

The Void

Ah, right, I see. Sorry for not reading your post properly.
I don't paint tamas, so I don't know.
@kaia? @Kev? @PikWik ?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kayadama

You can do all different methods. Spray can, hand brush or air gun. Probably some other methods aswell. Which paint to use is another question ;)

dndor

Quote from: kaia on 01 July, 2015, 21:09:11
You can do all different methods. Spray can, hand brush or air gun. Probably some other methods aswell. Which paint to use is another question ;)
Thanks! Will post the result in two weeks or so