News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 11 July, 2014, 09:34:11
In a post frisbee-golf session, I got an Everest>Aeroplane yesterday, first try, with witnesses.
Oh, you tried Disc Golf! I've been playing it for a couple of years, it's lots of fun.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Quote from: The Void on 11 July, 2014, 09:34:11
In a post frisbee-golf session, I got an Everest>Aeroplane yesterday, first try, with witnesses.
And this morning, in Samuli's garden, I got it first time again. Oddly, doing it faster seems to work for me. ?!

Great going, [user]Void[/user], sweet way to finish a tricky balance number! Are you working from big cup back towards small cup, or is the tama on big cup (other side of the ken) during the Aero catch?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Small>Base>Big>(well, I suppose it's Fast Hand...) Aero
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Finally got a striped kendama (green-white new Play). So today I went for the Typhoon One-Turn Airplane. Very satisfying trick :)
Kendama Belgium!

M.Wang

I did a spacewalk>hand roll>big cup>base cup>spike>earth.

Yay
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

shalafi

Today I practiced my Dan grading with a TK16 instead of my usual Play. Much better lighthouses (and falling down) but much worse birds and around the cosmos.

Well, I can't take the exam with the play, so...

Davo

Yesterday, I *finally* broke past 100 moshikamis - 128, to be precise. 
Might not seem like much to some of you, but it's been a long time for me to get here.
Today, I did it again - 104.
Then I laughed and dropped the tama. Both days. Hoping this is something I'll get over  ;-)
Now to begin to work on hole control in earnest....

udgfxp

Today I landed a 360 bird toss. Idk if that is the right name but it's a trick that Christian Fraser did in one of his edits. Check it out on my instagram @chris.nkt :)

Sqveel

around japan!!

been trying this non stop for about 2 weeks. Slowly got better at "hole control" between the cups but i can actually land it on the spike consistently now!

I've only really been going from cup to cup, and only starting on the spike cos any cup to spike just seemed crazily hard, but I seem to have found some kind of zen in regards to the hole and how to manipulate it with my tosses :)

next on my list will be swing in, seen as even though i keep seeing it referred to as "a backwards aeroplane" it seems to demand a different technique and a little hole control

fredCP

Today I landed Small Lunar > Lighthouse > Spike, which is Inverse Around Britain, I guess...

the milky oolong

Great stuff, everyone!

Just finished up with a session in the park with Till from Kendama Berlin, who unfortunately can't make it to the EKO. Got down on film:

Bird over the Valley x Around the World (Small Cup>Bird over the Valley, Big Cup> Bird over the Valley, Base...)

Bird>Earth Turn into Clifftop>Spike

Scoop Spike>[Penguin throw] Build the Lighthouse>Scoop Spike (continuous flow)

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

fredCP

Congrats, @ the milky oolong, especially for the first one ! I really like your second one, that's a cool combo ! I'll give it a try this week end.

shalafi

Managed to do a small cup scoop-up, just with a few days before the EKO

M.Wang

-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

shalafi

After failing my Dan exam on the lighthouse, I decided to go on and try to break the consistency record. I need to recode de video in my laptop because it's too big, but you'll see it son.