News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Comp #28 - Gunslinger Club

Started by Li Ho Cheung, 15 June, 2014, 17:17:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Li Ho Cheung

ok, is time to start the new competitions. ;D

1.Gunslinger spike~gunslinger earth turn
2.Double gunslinger spike~double gunslinger earth turn
3.Inward gunslinger spike~inward gunslinger earth turn
4.Gunslinger big cup bird~gunslinger big cup bird~gunslinger earth turn
5.Gunslinger small cup bird~gunslinger small cup bird~gunslinger earth turn

Usual consistency rules apply
Quote from: BKA on 23 April, 2012, 18:07:25Rules
- Competition is open to all players, worldwide, as long as they are a member of this forum.
- Use a standard, competition-sized kendama, unless otherwise stated.
- Perform all tricks, in order, as specified, in a single run, with no misses, unless otherwise stated.
- Stay in shot the whole time.
- The first forum member to post a video of themselves completing the challenge in the relevant thread is the winner. (Pending approval by the Setter).
- No sneakiness!
- The Winner wins glory and respect from the kendama community, whatever prize(s) may have been offered by the Setter, and the right to set the next KCC.
- If a KCC remains undefeated for 30 days, any offer of a prize no longer applies, and the BKA becomes the setter for the next KCC. An undefeated KCC remains open to be cracked after 30 days have passed, but only for glory and respect.
First person to post a video of the completed ladder wins:

~~~~~RED FOLKEN~~~~~

[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMn0pZLOvRY#ws[/noembed]

Dimensions

Coo, tricky!
Can I do gunslinger spike rather than gunslinger swing in like you do in the video

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Li Ho Cheung

the milky oolong

Wow, Li Ho, this is nuts! I can just about get Gunslinger Small Bird, never even tried hitting Gunslinger Earth Turn. Should be a fun challenge!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Kendamamitch

Can you be a little more a pacific with the tricks, do you mean gunslinger then take off the spike gunslinger again then earth turn?

Kev

Hi guys, maybe you didn't see the video that [user]Li Ho Cheung[/user] provided?

Do it exactly as he does it in the video and you're all good, can't be more specific than that. :)

Have a look here:

Hope this helps? Looks tricky!

P.S. Nice skills [user]Li Ho Cheung[/user]!

shalafi

This is insanely difficult. But still Li Ho Cheung does it, so it is possible. Hats off to you! :)

I love gunslingers but this is a bit too much, it'll make me practice some new tricks thou.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Hi [user]Kendamamitch[/user],
If you were viewing on a mobile device, maybe you  couldn't see the embedded video that Li Ho Cheung provided. We've just added the link alone into the first post (and Kev gave it too), so hopefully you're all clear now!

The Void

I got number 1! :)
Never been very good at doubles....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Nice one, [user]Void[/user]! then perhaps you can tell me how the devil one holds the ken for the second part of the trick (earth turn & gunslinger)?  ???
Kendama Berlin

The Void

[user]the milky oolong[/user] It seems that Cheung[nb]Is it "Li Ho" = family name, "Cheung" = given name? Sorry if I got that wrong, [user]Li Ho Cheung[/user]...?[/nb] does it straight from the standard ken grip. I have to admit I can't manage to get the 'sling from there. After catching the first 'sling in ken grip, I do a little "drop" grip change so that the tama is resting against my palm, index finger under small cup, and middle finger has "swivelled down" to be under the big cup. From there I can 'sling just fine. Might not be accepted as good in this comp though....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Li Ho Cheung

@The Void haha, Li is my family name ho cheung is my given name.

The Void

the milky oolong

Hey [user]Li Ho[/user],

Just so you don't think your challenge is being ignored: I have tried and tried with this and it's still way too difficult. Hours of practise mean I've learned

Gunslinger Small Bird
Gunslinger Bird
Gunslinger Earth Turn

But the doubles, reverses and the Gunslinger from Bird back to Bird are just not letting me in. Still, I learned some incredible tricks from you, sorry I couldn't crack this nut!

Kendama Berlin

BKA

Time's Up!
COMPETITION CLOSED!
But it remains as a personal challenge, so feel free to keep trying, folks!

Thanks, [user]Li Ho Cheung[/user], but it looks like you're way ahead of everyone else on Gunslingers! :)

BKA will take control of the next KCC, with a slight twist to the rules. Number 29 will be in mid-August.