News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Keep up to date with NOTIFICATIONS

Started by BKA, 25 July, 2012, 13:01:51

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

In case you don't know, you can receive email notifications about new posts/threads. First, go to your forum profile:

Then you can select options:

You can also set up a notification when you start a new topic:

You can also choose to have notifications for a particular board....:

...or a particular topic:

....so you'll always know when there's something being talked about!

Click click!

ray

I always receive two notifications for each topic. It happends just only to me? I looked for a mistake in my profile settings but I didn't' find nothing wrong.

Any idea?
Enjoy your life. Circus and love!

BKA

@ray That's strange. Does anyone else get this?

ray

Thanks for answer @BKA.

Also I received two times the messages "ray, you have been mentioned at a post in The Kendama Forum‏ ".

shalafi

I think it sometimes gets it wrong when more than one person are mentioned

I do get double notifications, but that is because I get them by mail and by taptalk. That works as expected.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

ray

Maybe I did something wrong in my settings in Notifications and Email:

Quote[YES] Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email.
[YES] Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
[YES] When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please do not reply to these emails).

For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me: [Instantly]

For topics and boards for which I have requested notification, notify me of: [Moderation only if I started the topic]

BKA

Have you used the "Notify" button on threads as well as these options?

ray

In Additional Options... is always marked Notify me of replies. by defect. I think is marked because I marked Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic. Isn't?

BKA

Quote from: ray on 14 October, 2015, 18:09:21
   In Additional Options... is always marked Notify me of replies. by defect. I think is marked because I marked Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic. Isn't?
Yes, that's true. But we were wondering if you had *also* used the "Notify" button (3 to the right of "Reply")?
If not... maybe try turning off all notifications, and then adding then back one by one, to see if there is a difference.

ray

I have these buttons:     Reply    Add bookmark    Unnotify    Mark unread    Send this topic    Print

BKA

Okay, that makes sense - it got turned on when you replied to the topic.

Now, when you go to http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html , does it say Notify or Unnotify?

ray

After clic in that link and open a new window:     New Topic    New poll    Notify    Mark Read

BKA

Okay, so you are not getting double notifications due to doubling via Boards and Topics.

Do you use Tapatalk?

ray

I don't, I think. I don't know what's that.

BKA

Okay, then we don't know what's happening. :-/
Can you try turning all the notifications off in your settings, and Save them.
Then try turning them on again.