News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Alex Ruisch VS The Stove

Started by KendAlex, 30 November, 2011, 05:23:31

Previous topic - Next topic

KendAlex

Enjoy this collaboration edit of me and Jake. (i did the tricks in spotlight style, and Jake did the amazing editting)
the idea was born with the Alex Ruisch VS PAW edit see here below.

After i have bought a stove, i feel the needs to kill it again and Jake and i were like , go for it.
So this is part 2, Alex Ruisch VS The Stove
(the Stove is made by mr. Sourmash)

Enjoy

hater

I saw this yesterday on FB and really enjoyed it. I'm waiting to buy a stove and you just published this video showing the awesome stuf we can do with it... I need it more now!!  I'm new to Kendamas, but watching your videos is a inspiration for me. I was yesterday also watching your tutorial to lunar and stall (they are imposible to land for me right now). Thx for sharing your time with the comunity!

I'm waiting for the 3rd video of the series, I know is a "terra" one, maybe we will see what incredible tricks you can do with pills?  :D

SamB

The whole thing is really cool. How hard is the stove to use? The lunars and lighthouses look pretty mad, are they as tricky to land as it looks? But catching in the axe is easy, or you just made it look easy??? OK it's a freaking stove so I guess it's all mad. I really want to try one out now.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

KendAlex

Thanks SamB and Hater,

The stove is so much fun and hard at the same time, to hold it like a cube and spike it in a corner is totaly not normal, but after a few days you know where the hole is,
I think i make it looks easy, but i don't know what other people think that have a stove, they know.
what i do know is that the people that have a stove, went completely crazy when they saw this edit, so i guess it was a great edit with good tricks.
And you have to know that i already played a lot of sizes kendamas and styles like the micro kendama and the cheese and the PAW (3 spike) kendama.
for me it is all fun and if you are a collector, you don't wanna mis the stove.

AlexSmith

I love my stove. It's fun, but NOT easy. Just cup juggling takes some serious thought.
The lunar flip in this video blew my mind

The Void

Beautifully shot, Alex.

Always nice to see experimentation in the kendama world.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

Thanks Alex and The Void. it was not easy to record all the clips, first 2 days was getting used to the square (tama) Stove.
and the hole is in the corner so finding the grips was a mather of time,

those clips for this edit took me 4 evenings in a row,(after i wrote down a trick to do list)

HansNickmans

Just wondering, do you take an oozora ken just because you had one left or because it's the best one? I've always been comparing paint on tamas, never actually the ken...
Kendama Belgium!

KendAlex

@Hans, i like the oozora kens because they are made out of softer wood then all the other kens on the market,
I think it is the most balanced ken you can buy.

hater

Is there a way to buy only the ken of an Oozora? I don't think so, just asking.

KendAlex

Nope there are no shops that sell oozora kens only.

kendama_River

this is such an inspiring edit, i loved it so much i when out and got a stove. and i must say that it is totally as fun as i thought! :)