News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Tokyo trip

Started by The Void, 21 March, 2014, 16:58:18

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I'm flying off to Tokyo on Wednesday. Starting to get things together for the trip... just the essentials, mind.

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Have fun Void! Is there an event in Tokyo around this time? Or are you just going on a revisit?
Kendama Belgium!

LarsVegas

Wow I've never been to Tokyo. It must be very amazing from what I've seen on images. Have a great time - and get yourself some new toys. They're cheaper over there :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

There aren't any major kendama events happening as far as I know. Although I do have an appointment or two at the JKA office. Mostly I'll just be chilling out, meeting people, playing kendama and being a tourist. And yes, Lars, I expect I may well come back with a few more toys than I arrive with.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Ooh exciting times! Bon voyage / Bon courage.  :)

The Void

Oh, I just heard there will be a couple of kendama jams on the first 2 days I'm there. That's handy! :)

The Void

Dear airlines, it would be really great if you could not lose my case this time. Thanks.

JeffreyItaliaander

Enjoy your stay there Void.

Bring back the stories and pictures..

The Void

Thanks Jeffrey, I sure will!

Dimensions

I hope you have a great time time there Void!
I was inches away from going to Japan with the Scouts, but I unfortunately didn't make it :'(

So please enjoy it for us! And good luck with that 6th Dan!

-Rob

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Cheers mate. Hope you make it there one day.

The Void

15+ hours of flights, and I've made it. At my bijou hotel, with wifi! Bumped into a pal at the airport.

Meanwhile, knackered... Sleeeeeeep!

The Void

The Void

Last time I was in Ueno park, it was mushi atsui (hot and humid), and I almost got heatstroke. Today was a beautiful temperate spring day. There were throngs of people out to admire the cherry blossom, and snap photos of it. I had a wander around, and then did my practice in the shade near the main fountains. Then I filmed Outlink 10 and ate some lunch.

Next stop Aihabara, and the Spingear shop, where I dusted off my yo-yo skills, and met and chatted to Seun, who was working there. After heading out and briefly walking around "electric town", I realised the jetlag was catching up on me, so I headed back to the hotel to chill out for the rest of the day.

The Void