News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Two months without passing 6th Dan practice is very depressing. Today the sunlight was shining through the window, and I passed my first run of February. Yay!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Well done void!

Yesterday I failed my self examination for 2nd Dan, but I made a nice Kendama tower.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

fredCP

I come back to the forum after a few busy weeks, but still reading you daily guys ! This morning, I landed Free Bird Fly Over the Valley, then I found my new Girr Bamboo Regal Kendama Co in the mailbox, and just out of the box I passed 3rd Dan with it ! That's what I call a successfull day  :D
Fred

Leologic777

Today I landed...
My first Bird

I was just trying to do one casually because i knew i was not gonna land it. I landed it :0. Gonna be a couple months before i land one again...
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

The Void

Nice work Fred & Leo. It's a great thing about kendama that everyone can feel good about breaking their next target, at whatever level of play. Kudos!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: Leologic777 on 08 February, 2015, 02:38:05
Today I landed...
My first Bird

I was just trying to do one casually because i knew i was not gonna land it. I landed it :0. Gonna be a couple months before i land one again...

Well done. I remember thinking the same, and it came much sooner that I thought.

Maicodama

My First J stick Line.

1- Turn Airplane > J-stick > Lighthouse > Falling.

Go it on video too  :)
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

The Void

Nice one Maico. I remember getting my first line like that, and emailing my friend to let him know how awesome I was. He he.

Maicodama

Thanks Void, felt so good to actually lace a few trick together. Progress  :)
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

Leologic777

Today I...

Finally completed Kyu Grading and now im going to pre dan YAY! already starting to practice.
I am going to pass kyu again just to make sure i didnt land anything with luck.
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

shalafi

Well done Leologic777!

Today I was practicing double swirls, and some continuations. Surprisingly easy, at least for the swirl part, I suck at the exit anyway.

Then I tried to do a mall combo, but I didn't manage to land it with a kendama, then I thought of my good old pill, and here it is!

Pill swirl combo - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

The Void

The Void

Quick trick for Sunday. Foxed [user]Dimensions[/user] in KEN yesterday, surprisingly!

Dimensions

Ahhhhhh, you were trapping it on the 'side spike' I thought you did it on the handle (body catch position).
In that case...
Today I also landed a trap to flying top

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

I'm surprised that would make that much of a difference.... but then i haven"t tried the lower version.

Tonight I filmed 15 minutes of out of focus tricks. D'oh!