News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

String

Started by Kev, 05 May, 2015, 19:08:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

String is a wonderful thing.

From my experience, I prefer Ozora string over everything else I've tried - however on all but a few lucky Oozy's in my collection, the string is just a touch too short for my taste.

I've been playing for quite a while now and can confidently say I prefer the string to be a good 3 finger widths when measured in the usual way (or even just over).

Problems are: Most stock Ozoras come with a slightly shorter string than I'd like, and most pre-cut replacement strings that I've bought are long enough for a '2 finger' max length only.

So, a couple of questions for you -

1. Anyone know where I can get a spool of decent Ozora or similar type string from?

2. Which brands of existing pre-cut string are the longest?

:)

Leologic777

Im sorry I cant answer your first question. For your second one I think KUSA has one of the biggest. I play two fingers and every time i use one of their string i have to cut out like three inches.

-Leo :D
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

kayadama

Kenlab strings are huge in length compaired to ozora strings.

Kev

Cool, thanks for the tips.

Now to find a roll of the stuff.

Icemonkey

Sweets also has pretty long string, their kendamas usually come prestrung so that it's almost 4 fingers under the basecup. Their premium string is pretty good, and also has more than enough for three finger length.

M.Wang

Have you tried the KenCo website?? They have a bunch check if different colors.
http://www.kendama-co.com/info/popup/extra%20string/1030/
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.