News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New JKA seal rules

Started by Dimensions, 19 June, 2015, 21:18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

So I remember back at BKO hearing the the JKA had completely scraped the recommended seal ideas on ozoras. I remember that at one point they took the recommended seal off all ozoras but if they had one on prior it would not be allowed , but now apparently all ozoras with the seal are now allowed in competitions.

So my questions are:
Is this all true
And if so, is this rule still the same with Shin Fujiis (and TKs?[nb]I don't know if there are any recommended TKs that are competition sized[/nb])

Thanks
-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

I don't remember hearing anything about this. It's actually a very interesting topic.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

We can't comment on JKA's logic or reasons, but we updated http://kendama.co.uk/approved.html the other day. JKA "recommended" seals are now allowed in BKA-run competitions. Also for gradings, if they are single colour/stripe.
Also, any pattern is now allowed in BKA-run competitions (not gradings), providing it is one of the listed kendamas/paint-types.

shalafi

So, I can participate in the EKO with a Dragon Ozora. Nice! (now I only need to get one)

Also, if I read it right, the Krom deluxe are also allowed in competition, since they are a combination of natural woods, right? Mmm, I may start using the quad split.

The Void

You don't read it right.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Aah, Krom standard models. I missed that word.

HansNickmans

I know that Enyju/Keyaki and some other 'recommended' oozoras are now available in competition seals. So the rules have probably been changed a bit.

Also, today I found this on the Facebook Kendama Community:

Apparently JKA made this seal for small batch kendamas, more geared towards design than play. Apparently they read 'recommended', so we will see what it will mean for their inclusion in competitions.
Kendama Belgium!