News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorny

MrieFry

... Today I landed lunar to lighthouse falling down on my yellow Oozora, one of my 'newer' dama's.

Landed it for the first time 2 days ago on old green Oozora which has a really good grip :)
Felt epic!
Kendama Belgium

BKA

Nice work! Sounds like you're now ready to go the other way... Lighthouse to Lunar & In.

SamB

Oooh I did both those yesterday too and with the green Ozora. A super nice feeling trick.
Also practiced bamboo horses on and off all day and am still yet to land one.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

GbH

Quote from: MrieFry on 03 November, 2011, 22:04:28
... Today I landed lunar to lighthouse falling down on my yellow Oozora, one of my 'newer' dama's.

An extended version to try, which I got at lunchtime today :

lunar->lighthouse->falling down->double jumping stick->rotor blade (UFO).

grotesquecub

Today i...landed my first lunar combo!

aeroplane –> Jumping stick –>Flip Lunar (~270 degree flip) :D

-is that '270 degree flip' taken as a 'flip lunar' anyway :S ?

The Void

BKA uses the term "Somersault" for a specific meaning [nb]http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,12.msg17.html#msg17[/nb], while "flip" seems to be used more loosely. I think we all know what you mean though.

... and well done! I hate those Lunar Somersaults - I need a lot more work on them.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

Quote from: grotesquecub on 05 November, 2011, 11:55:27
Today i...landed my first lunar combo!

aeroplane –> Jumping stick –>Flip Lunar (~270 degree flip) :D

-is that '270 degree flip' taken as a 'flip lunar' anyway :S ?

Ah very nice Paul! If you're about a week today (sat 12th) come to Milton keynes with me for some kendama! Could even bring skates to mix it up?

MrieFry

Yesterday I started practicing my stilt. After two hours of getting nowhere (always 2 seconds, never 3) I quit. Half an hour ago I picked up my green Oozora en started again. I think I did over 1000 tries.

Then I said to myself:
'Alright, you get 10 more tries!'. This got nowhere again and I gave myself 10 more tries. Again. Got nowhere and did 10 more.
After those 30 attempts, I swore to myself that number 51 would be the number to land the stilt! (Because I didn't want to limit myself to 50, because then I would think 'what if number 51 would be THE number!')

AND YES! Number 51 was THE number. And if that wasn't enough... I spiked it!!
Kendama Belgium

The Void

Nice one Marie. I remember getting my first Slip Grip Special and Moon Landings after several hundred tries each. It's a gooooood feeling!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Peter

... returned from the Czech Kendama Open in Zlin, where I had an incredible wonderfull weekend with Mirek, Pavel, Elliot and a lot of other Kendama Enthusiasts. And yes, I am still smiling!!!

:-)

SamB

Landed a swinging slip-grip special 3rd try and FINALLY got my first bamboo horse!!! Literally jumped up and down with excitement.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Thorny

Today I managed to land...

Stilt - 360 - Stilt - 360 - Stilt - Spike.

It appears that this Mugen ball/Oozora ken hybrid is working well!

Muzora or Oozogen? hahaa

The Void

Nice one Sam!
Thorny, that's nuts! :-)

Mark

I got Bat two times in a row(and 5 times overall today) and i got one to fall to spike. :-D
Also got 5 earth turns in a row and 4 jumping sticks in a row too.
This praticing thing actually works! :-P
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06