News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Waylon

Fancy meeting you here...

I've barely thrown since I got my kendama last week. I grabbed my trusty Xcon Pro on the way out this morning thinking I may sneak a few throws in today. Maybe. I brought my Tribute, too, sooooo....

jesse.hill.1200

Hey everyone... Technically I haven't started Kendama yet, I am from Edmonton, AB, Canada and I saw a friends facebook post on Kendama.  Had no clue what it was so I hit up google and was blown away... Ordered a KendamaUSA Pro Sanders model and I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.  In the meantime I have just been watching countless videos and browsing the forums.  Super excited to get started.  On a side note I have to say that I truly love the community feel that surrounds Kendama.

BKA

Hi Jesse,
Welcome, it's good to have you here. I think it was KendAlex that said "kendama gives you instant friends all over the world". Spot on.
Hope you enjoy it here, and I'm sure you'll love getting started.
Click!

MrSquirrel

Quote from: jesse.hill.1200 on 12 March, 2013, 16:36:59
Hey everyone... Technically I haven't started Kendama yet, I am from Edmonton, AB, Canada and I saw a friends facebook post on Kendama.  Had no clue what it was so I hit up google and was blown away... Ordered a KendamaUSA Pro Sanders model and I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.  In the meantime I have just been watching countless videos and browsing the forums.  Super excited to get started.  On a side note I have to say that I truly love the community feel that surrounds Kendama.
Welcome to the forum Jesse! By the way, I heard that the hole on the Pro Models is smaller than the average kendama hole, so be aware of that while playing.

Quote from: Waylon on 10 March, 2013, 16:04:00
Fancy meeting you here...

I've barely thrown since I got my kendama last week. I grabbed my trusty Xcon Pro on the way out this morning thinking I may sneak a few throws in today. Maybe. I brought my Tribute, too, sooooo....
Hey, haven't I seen you somewhere before? ;)

JonQ

Hey everyone! My name is Jon I'm 22 years old. I've been playing kendama for about 3 months.
I decided to join the forum to talk some sword ball with some cool people. So yeah  :)

BKA

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum! Have a read through of the faq at http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6.0.html , have a wander through the forum in general, and then, yeah, join in the chat!

jesse.hill.1200

Quote from: MrSquirrel on 14 March, 2013, 20:19:52
Quote from: jesse.hill.1200 on 12 March, 2013, 16:36:59
Welcome to the forum Jesse! By the way, I heard that the hole on the Pro Models is smaller than the average kendama hole, so be aware of that while playing.

Thanks for all the welcomes, good to know about the slightly smaller hole on the tama.  Not overly worried about it though... after all if I can figure out how to spike it with consistency then other kendamas should seem even easier.

Kev

Hi everyone! What a nice and friendly forum this seems to be, a credit to you all :)

Apologies for the long post, by hey, it's my first so might as well make it count!

I'm Kev, and I'm excited to say, I'm waiting to take delivery of my first kendama (an Ozora 'Natural' in case you were wondering).

I've arrived here after a good few years of playing (and sometimes performing) with skill toys, object manipulation and circus skills. My route being juggling, fooling & street performance > contact > yoyo > and now kendama!

Now you know, it's funny, once every few years I seem to run into the The Void (not literally, thankfully, might hurt) - but it has always been a pleasure to do so, what a solid gold chap he is. This began almost 20 years ago I'd guess. . .  Anyway, the last time I saw him in was about 7? 8? years back and he had this wonderful intriguing object with him - the kendama. It piqued my interest at the time - I was impressed with the skill and focus needed to play with it, however back then I was doing other things and it passed me by.

After a break for a few years, I recently came back to contact juggling and started thinking about object manipulation and then I remembered this amazing thing I'd seen all those years ago. I was totally stunned when I looked on the web today to find a) Such interest in the kendama, and so many people playing. b) the wonders to be found on juggling.tv (my skills began pre-ubiquitous internet) and c) Such a fantastic community on here (including old faces like GbH), and finally the impressive stuff being done with the BKA, (which seems a lot is down to the hard work of The Void and others here) - all in all, good work guys and well done indeed!

Looking forward to being a part of this forum and pestering you all for help, Oh, and hello again to those few that I've known before but not seen for ages :)

Now if I'd only started way back when I first saw the kendama . . . doh!

Well at least that means I've got the excitement of starting tomorrow :)

Thanks

Kev

genji

Hello everyone, my name is genji I am brand new to Kendama. I got hooked when I was at a yoyo meet last week and tried out Tyler Severence's(YYF Player) and another guys who had one. I played with the Kendama for about 15 minutes and from that moment I first played with it I knew I wanted one. I went onto the yoyoexpert BST's (buy/sell/trade) and searched to see if any were for trade and I happened to find someone with one for trade. It is a KendamaUSA and I believe the Tribute model if I'm not mistaken. It is waiting in my mailbox when I get home in a couple of hours, so I'm very eager to get home from work to try it out. I already have a disease and that is yoyo fever and I think that I'm about to catch Kendama, apparently it's contagious! :D In fact, I purchased a KendamaUSA 2013 Professional Model and some extra strings earlier today! I still have a lot to learn; grips, different models, tricks, etc. and I look forward to learning and sharing the love of Kendama with all of you. Thanks!

BKA

Welcome Kev and Genji,
Hope you enjoy it here!

The Void

Kev! Bloomin' eck it's been a while! Glad to hear you're still alive, and still doing various manipulation stuff. Nice to see you in here, hope you enjoy the clicking scene.
QuoteNow if I'd only started way back when I first saw the kendama . . . doh!
Me too, 9 years before I actually started, in my case!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Thanks Void, yes it has indeed been a while! Glad to see you're doing well and very much looking forward to becoming a clicker (a long road no doubt!). We are considering a family trip to BJC this year so if you're there it would be nice to catch up.

Rich

Hey guys,

My name is Rich and I've been playing kendama for about 5 months ever since my good friend, knowing my interest in this sort of thing, brought me one back from Japan. After chipping away 60% of the paint after about a week I upgraded to a sweets kendama and have been loving it ever since. I've been trawling these forums for a while now and thought its about time I signed up.

I'm from Bristol and was very excited to see the BKO is coming to our fair city, just up the road from me aswell, and I can't wait to meet all the awesome players who I've seen posting on here. I'm starting a super intensive month long course in April but hopefully I won't have a mountain of procrastinated work to do by the last weekend so i'm 95% sure of attendance at the BKO. Just ordered a new striped sunrise so I can compete in the beginners division so hopefully will get that broken in in time as my current kendama is a tad slippery for perfecting my lighthouses, and not approved obviously...

Aside from kendama (which has quickly become my favourite hobby) I enjoy playing my devil sticks, sunny days and the pub.

I look forward to posting and chatting to you guys.

Rich

BKA

Hi Rich,
Welcome aboard! Good to have you here, and we look forwards to seeing you at the BKO!

Brysonzorich

Hi my name is bryson i have been playing kendama for a couple months now and i have goiten obsessed