News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The Kendama Forum Collaboration Video 2014 - Released!

Started by The Void, 09 June, 2014, 15:08:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Cand1ez

This is going to make a great Time Capsule snapshot of where Kemdama was in the future.

Always on the up!

The Void

Thanks everyone! It was great to see the different styles that everyone sent in, and the end result had a cool mixture of styles and tricks, I thought. It was nice to gently persuade a few extra people into filming too.

More shares wanted! :)
Quote from: mreasyguy on 09 June, 2014, 21:08:03[user]shalafi[/user] I really want to call that last trick of mine "Around Australia" (That's if it's not coined already!) mainly due to it being identical to USA but upside-down in a sense haha!
It's a great trick, but your analogy does not hold. You change grip from ken to tama repeatedly in your trick: not so in 'USA. Maybe it should be the Transcontinental! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I was thinking about thge trick from mreasyguy and what Void has said about not being USA but reversed. I've imagined tge following variations.

Around the USA, doing a whirlwing spike instead of tge earth turn (you flip thge other part of the ken)

Same as what mreaayguy did, including grip chamnges but doing a thyphoon instead of a jumping stick (thyphoon is the correct inverse of earth turn, right?)

Juat throwing ideas for your next edits ;-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

MisterJumpshoe

An absolute stunner.  Some utterly amazing skill on view.  It's clear it'll just never end.
Music Has the Right to Children

Will T

its great to see all the guys at the BKO and around the world making another collab video, it really gives me a sense of community, glad all three of my clips could make it! well done of course @TheVoid for putting together such an incredible video, and everyone that submitted clips and make this what it is. hats off to everybody!

BKA

One already gone, one going this afternoon.
Congrats, and enjoy, [user]DamaLife24[/user] & [user]the milky oolong[/user]!

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

DamaLife24

Yes thank you BKA! And thanks to everyone that participated in the collaboration video! It was a great success! And special thanks to the void for hosting and spending his time on editing the video together!
Bryan Burnett

PikWik

saw this when you first posted but hadnt commented yet.

i agree with what everyone else said. seeing so many styles of play all together is inspiring and provides a fresh slate every trick. kendama is growing into a global sport and while we might not all speak the same language, the dama speaks for itself. i am bummed i didnt film anything. but, if theres another forum collab, ill throw together something.

thanks for putting this together void!

the milky oolong

Don't be disheartened, [user]PikWik[/user], just think about how fresh your line will be in the next Forum Collaboration Video! In the meanwhile, there's some stormy goings on over at the Endless Combo thread (Videos), if you want to sharpen your claws a bit...
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate