News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Oase

i wanna say misplaced..hope i`m gone find it !!!
Today i did aerial trick all day with a jumbo... is  the most fun you can have !!

Peter

... tried the 2-Dan tricklist once again. Ended up with everything done, than Moshikame. The turtle was caught 141 times, the hare only 141, and then: no turtle anymore... Aaaargh!!! :'( 

Next time. My precioussss... har har har!

steffibearpaw

... we had an awesome Kendama Meeting:
CKO Champion Peter Bergmann from Munich came  to Stuttgart to teach me some tricks... and I managed "Swing in" for two times !!
... now looking forward to the 4 Kyu... Peter , you are a great teacher, thank you  :)

GbH

Aaaaagh!  I just did all of 3rd Dan......except for messing up on the moshis right at the end.  So, still not completed it properly.  I'm beginning to think that 3rd Dan is one step too far for me...and that's without the pressure of an official judge.

The Void

I did the same thing with 4th Dan on Monday. Scraped the STB in 56secs, but then dropped on 720 moshis. Annoying, even though I have completed it[nb]self-certified only[/nb] before. Stick with it!

Well, if you decide to make it to Upchuck for the day time, I can give you that 'official pressure'. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

PAshaRome

FilthyTown

I did a few 1 turn lunar lander's today.  Still can't seem to flip the ken proper when doing lunar flips though... :'(

BKA

Wow, well done Pasha!

Do you use string hook or hanging start for the 1-turn lunars, Elrick? The former can get in the way. As for the somersaults, I suppose you probably need to concentrate on aligning the push along the length of the ken, and getting a smooth launch.
Practice!

donald grant

Messing about upon my return from Belfast, I somehow managed to somersault from lunar to axe this evening.  Inspired by the improbability of it all, a couple of minutes later I got lighthouse - axe - somersault to lighthouse - somersault to lunar.  This is all highly out of character.....:)

GbH

Quote from: The Void on 22 February, 2012, 13:36:39
Well, if you decide to make it to Upchuck for the day time, I can give you that 'official pressure'. :)

Up chuck is still a possibility, but I'd have to leave at about 1530hrs, which isn't ideal, given that it tends to be a late starting event too.  Sadly, I suspect that I'll remain here.

FilthyTown

Quote from: BKA on 22 February, 2012, 18:50:41
Do you use string hook or hanging start for the 1-turn lunars, Elrick?

I believe it is the hanging start...I just hold the ken similar to doing airplanes, but let it kind of 'roll/twist' off the tips of my fingers.
I know of the string hook technique, but when I tried it I was already getting so used to the hanging start that I never went back and learned the string hook.  Seems like there would be a few more possibilities with the string hook swing though?

ChrisD

Today I finally landed my first Lighthouse, and then a second shortly after.  :D

The Void

Quote from: FilthyTown on 23 February, 2012, 14:25:43I believe it is the hanging start...I just hold the ken similar to doing airplanes, but let it kind of 'roll/twist' off the tips of my fingers.
I know of the string hook technique, but when I tried it I was already getting so used to the hanging start that I never went back and learned the string hook.  Seems like there would be a few more possibilities with the string hook swing though?
Yep, that's the hanging/held start (as opposed to the string hook). I learned with the string hook, and I've never really got to grips with the hanging start. Not sure about possibilities - I've never really thought about it much.

@ChrisD: Well done, I knew you'd get there! :D
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dadooh

Today I landed my first stilt flip and 1-turn stilt!!!!!!! Love my shin fuji :D

PAshaRome