News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Yes, but that's academic, isn't it?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Jak

Today I put yesterday's video of me doing a laser stilt flip on YouTube...

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 18 August, 2016, 18:31:35
Yes, but that's academic, isn't it?
I usually don't count further once I've failed

The Void

So therefore, the further you get through the list, the less practice you've had? Seems sub-optimal.

Edit: You said "count", not "try", so scratch that. :-)

Jedi_man

I got around 6 lunar flips today, and 6 yesterday (I'm trying to learn it). And today I got what was likely the most satisfying trick I've gotten so far...
Big cup-Eclipse-Lunar-In! This took me about 50 tries, but when I got it... wow  :D
I thought Lunar Eclipse was physically impossible until when I was trying to do big cup-lunar, I discovered that the big cup stayed on the ball while in mid-air sometimes! I don't think it was suction.
Someday I'll get the full Lunar Eclipse... unless it is impossible :)

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 19 August, 2016, 19:19:27
So therefore, the further you get through the list, the less practice you've had? Seems sub-optimal.

Edit: You said "count", not "try", so scratch that. :-)
Exactly, in fact I usually retry the failed line and then continue.

KenSan

Very nice @Jak I can barely hit a regular stilt  :-\

On an up note to coincide with Stamp it stomp it 6 I found a little consistency today (only a little) with lighthouse flip insta-lighthouse flip.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Nice work Jedi and KenSan. Jak, also very nice, but is that not a Tre? Where did "laser" come from?

Today I had to stop my practice because my knee hurt. Decrepitude annoys.

The Void

Today, knee-braced, I continued my practice from yesterday. Failed on the last trick. So it goes.

Jak

Haha I've been informed by the American kids on FKC that for a right handed person a flick to the right is a tre and to the left is a laser flip. Not sure if that coincides with skateboarding like a tre does, but whatever. Trick names always confuse me.

What you done to your knee Void? Have I missed that somewhere?

KenSan, looking forward to your  Sisi entry! Which reminds me,  better start preparing for Sunday...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

The Void

Ah, so we're adding handedness to trick names now are we? Heh.
I've had a dodgy knee for aeons now. Probably landed on it askew when skating or snowboarding in a previous millenium. Tends to creak and object to overuse, but mostly okay.

Jak

Haha no not handedness as such, if it's an outwards flick it's tre (so for a right handed person that'd be to the right) and inwards therefore would be laser. I don't know,  I've not come up with it haha, and as far as I'm aware a barrel roll is still a barrel role rotating either way so it's all rubbish really!

Shame about your knee,  not a good thing to go. I damaged my knee cartilage after years of rollerblading so I fully understand,  still grinds and cracks like mad but exercises and physio have helped a lot.

Today I changed my plan for Sisi 7... after having a play I realised that it was probably harder than my plan for Round 8.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

KenSan

I appreciate your faith in my ability @Jak  ;D
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)