News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

EKO 2018

Started by jakub.zahumensky, 04 March, 2018, 17:35:37

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 07 March, 2018, 13:55:04
We picked the dates with respect to KWC, MKO and Catch and flow, also considering that school in Romania starts Sept 10. Now I see we should have considered the rest of Europe as well, especially because of the tour... The city is not final yet, but Buchurest has a high probability. We will announce it as soon as we can.
Speaking for myself, the later you give me concrete info that I can base my travel plans on, the less likely it is that I'll come. So, just for good measure, *bump*. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jakub.zahumensky

[instagram width=500]
[/instagram]

more updates presently :)

jakub.zahumensky

Depozitul Kendama is our main partner in crime this year! Big things coming!

[instagram width=500]

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: The Void on 01 April, 2018, 15:53:44
Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 07 March, 2018, 13:55:04
We picked the dates with respect to KWC, MKO and Catch and flow, also considering that school in Romania starts Sept 10. Now I see we should have considered the rest of Europe as well, especially because of the tour... The city is not final yet, but Buchurest has a high probability. We will announce it as soon as we can.
Speaking for myself, the later you give me concrete info that I can base my travel plans on, the less likely it is that I'll come. So, just for good measure, *bump*. :)

Venue will be revealed tomorrow, so your patient waiting is coming to an end ;)

jakub.zahumensky

We cannot wait to welcome everybody at the beautiful Hotel Caro Club in Buchurest for this year's EKO competitions! :) A "warm-up tour" is in the making as well, so stay tuned. :)

[instagram width=500]
[/instagram]

s070s

dope dope dope!!
could you tell something more about the 'main organiser'
is it like the locaL kendama shop?

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: s070s on 18 May, 2018, 09:34:40
dope dope dope!!
could you tell something more about the 'main organiser'
is it like the locaL kendama shop?

Oh, it's much more than that :) Depozitul kendama (i.e. "The Kendama Deposit"in English) is the biggest kendama distributor in Romania. They import and distribute all major brands except KROM (I don't know why; I haven't asked; it's none of my business). They also organize a lot of events around Romania. The owner of Depozitul Kendama is also the guy behind Sweets Romania (and Spain). He has a lot of great contacts to people from the community and is a great guy to be around. :)

The Void

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 16 May, 2018, 13:07:27Venue will be revealed tomorrow, so your patient waiting is coming to an end ;)
Too late for me, I'm afraid. I've now got other commitments. Have fun, everyone.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: The Void on 21 May, 2018, 10:04:00
Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 16 May, 2018, 13:07:27Venue will be revealed tomorrow, so your patient waiting is coming to an end ;)
Too late for me, I'm afraid. I've now got other commitments. Have fun, everyone.

The dates have been public since March 7.

jakub.zahumensky

Congratulations @paulsayer on taking the British Kendama Champion title and winning flights to EKO 2018!!! See you in Romania, homie :)

[instagram width=400]
[/instagram]

The Void

Yes, but not the venue/tour locations, which meant I couldn't plan on booking flights or hotels. And now the 9th is included, so if I had booked a flight back on the 9th, based on "3rd-8th", I'd've been inconvenienced. Oh well. Hope it all goes great for you all.

s070s

how much does the hotel 'caro' cost ?

jakub.zahumensky

Hello everyone! We apologize for keeping you waiting this long without solid information on which to base your travels. This was due to certain technical issues with the preparation of the tour that we were planning. Sadly, we had to cancel the tour in the end.

However, Maico, myself and a lot of European players, including the National champions, will be in Bucharest from Tuesday Sept 4th and staying until Monday Sept 10th. We will be up to a lot of shenanigans around the city, so come join us! :)

The competition weekend starts on Friday evening and will go on into Sunday afternoon.

For the competition weekend there will be the option to get a registration package that includes accommodation at the student's dormitory of the Romanian-American University. The package is 115 EUR and includes the registration fee, a goodies bag and 4 nights (Thursday-Monday) at 2-bed rooms. Registration without accommodation is 35 EUR. A competition-only (no accommodation and no goodies bag) registration is 7 EUR. Spectators have free entry. The registration will open next week at www.sweetskendamas.ro/european-kendama-open-2018/.

The main division tricklists will be out next week. The Gloken-style cup tricklists will come out shortly afterward.

Once again we apologize for the delay and thank you all for keeping faith in us! See you in Romania! :)

jakub.zahumensky

Tricklists are live! Videos coming soon.

[instagram width=400]https://www.instagram.com/p/Blk42L9HQ6b[/instagram]

jakub.zahumensky

Trisklist videos are up!  :)