News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Post your Kendama Collection.

Started by cgmarshall, 07 June, 2012, 07:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

So, you like blue and red, [user]Wiktorwiki[/user]?  :)

BKA

[user]Kev[/user] - yellow overload!
Plus a couple of custom painted tamas there?

quadraptor

My collection isn't much of anything yet, since I've just started, but here it is, in chronological order too ;)

#1 - Toysmith Bamboo Kendama - Despite being a bad brand and a very, very difficult kendama to play, I will give Toysmith credit for at least introducing me to the fanbase of Kendama.  The biggest issue was that both the Ken and Tama were glossed over, so it made catching very hard as the Tama slipped off the cups easily.  I will say that attempting to learn from this Kendama did make trying a real one much easier, by the time I had gotten my second Kendama the tricks were more natural.  This one is most likely one I'll honestly just throw away.

#2 - Kendama USA Tribute (triple blue stripes) - My current Kendama.  I sent Kendama USA an e-mail asking about what would be best to try for someone just starting out, and they recommended a tribute, and I honestly really like this one.  I'm still not the best at tricks but it's a heeeeck of a lot better than that Toysmith one.

#3 - Kaleb Kendama Rubberized (green and black) - I wanted to try a rubberized Kendama, and had some Amazon money from Christmas, so I took a look and just ordered this one.  I couldn't find much info at all about Kaleb Kendama, so I figured I'd give them a try.  I literally just ordered this one today so I don't have it yet for review.

Dimensions

My collection update

Top Row: from left to right
Red Play kendama (2013 model) - unopened
Metallic purple Sunrise performer (24 cm)
OG powder blue Ozora - unopened
Black Shin-Fuji with gold stripe - JKA recommended
Rasta Ultra kendama - opened but still in box
Another Red Play (2013 model) - with purple Ozora string
KROM Deluxe (V2) Half Split - unopened
Natural Beech Terra Pill
Dark blue Sweets aTack with grey painted ken

Bottom Row: from left to right
Red sunrise - my first ever kendama
Mugen Musou snow gold
KROM Deluxe (V2) mahogany with "mustard" tama
Yellow Ozora
Sky Blue Ozora
KROM Deluxe (V2) "Claw"
Blue Play (2011 model) - with pink Ozora string
Silver Baby Dragon kendama (12 cm)
Sweets Voodama "Swamp Monster"
Mini KROM keychain
GreenTerra Pill - opened but still in box
Cup and ball

Yep a fair few more than when I last posted

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Crab Spy

[user]Dimensions[/user]

Are you positive that KROM Mahogany is V2? Cause I'm pretty sure Mahogany wasn't part of the V2 line but is in the upcoming KROM Deluxe V3 lineup.

Regardless, how's it play? Is the Mahogany heavy/light? Holding up well? I wish to know. ;)

Also, how'd you manage to get your hands on it anyway? :O

Dimensions

[user]Crab Spy[/user] I won it at BKO so your gonna have to ask [user]BKA[/user] or [user]The Void[/user] or even message some of the KROM guys who supplies it, about that. I just assumed it was a V2

But anyhow it is a very good jammer and is pretty much your cup of tea for everything, lunar balance a little off but no where near impossible. Birds and stilts sit nicely, and the spike is up too a good beating!

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Yep, it's a pre-release, Rob. You got one early. And... as it turned out, by a lucky mistake, as it was intended for something else, but the message didn't get through in time until after we'd given them away. Lucky you! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

quadraptor

Sqveel

Wow, these collections. So many Kendama!

I'm half tempted to upload my "collection." I have one, yep, one kendama. It's a krom one, i picked it purely cos of aesthetics and have no idea how it compares to anything else as it's the only one i've ever tried. 

ooh, i also have a book! Does one kendama and a book count as a collection?

theobau

jsirois31

Back Row:Envelope of Stickers, String Packs, Grind Machine Yo-Yo, 3 Kendama Books, Custom Painted Monk Kendama, 2 KROM Holders
Middle Row (Left to Right): Cooks Custom Maroon Sunburn Kendama USA, Neon Green Tribute, Blue Tribute
Front Row (Left to Right): Colin Sanders Pro Model, Mint Sweets aTack, Red Stained Sweets Focus, Custom Painted Ozora
Not Included: MKO t-shirt & Kendama USA t-shirt
Perfect Practice make Perfect.

jsirois31

Perfect Practice make Perfect.

Sqveel

Behold, my one lonely kendama.

It's a shame it's so filthy now. It was so vivid and beautiful and wholesome and wooden when i got it. Now it's just... dull. My man suggested i lightly sanded it down, probably with one of the less abrasive heads on his dremel, but I don't like the idea of me taking too much off.

How do you clean a kendama? Or is it just a case of don't let it get this filthy in the first place?

Sqveel

also, @dimensions that "KROM Deluxe (V2) "Claw" on the bottom row is GORGEOUS.

BKA

Don't sand it!
Try a pencil eraser...?