News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

kayadama

shalafi

Today I practiced three tricks that are kind of similar: LH tradespike, Swing-in swap to spike & Earth turn kenflip.

The first two I have landed them a while ago, but I got far less consistent now. Today I got some consistency on those. Did not landed the keflip earth turn thou.

And I jammed with @KenDogma, got some dual tricks on camera. Fun afternoon.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Forgot to say, yesterday I also did "Orbit the World" when showing it to @KenDogma at first try. Specially tricky the orbit spike.

Pity I was not getting it on camera, my face was quite something.

KenDogma

And @shalafi, I've been trying to land it since - that orbit the spike is pretty tough.

Your face when you got it first time was priceless.

The Void

Well done guys.
Today I practiced my new kendama show. I'm performing it as support to http://boxoffice.brightonfringe.org/theatre/8948/down-up on Friday, if anyone is nearby and fancies coming along.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 06 May, 2015, 15:59:01
Today I practiced my new kendama show. I'm performing it as support to http://boxoffice.brightonfringe.org/theatre/8948/down-up on Friday, if anyone is nearby and fancies coming along.
New kendama show implies that there was an old kendama show. Not sure if I've seen it.
Would we have the chance to see that new show sometime in the near future? Even if it is just on video?

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 06 May, 2015, 16:16:31New kendama show implies that there was an old kendama show. Not sure if I've seen it.
It's easy enough to find, if you look. Probably rather dull to a kendama enthusiast, though.
QuoteWould we have the chance to see that new show sometime in the near future? Even if it is just on video?
That depends how it goes! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Now that you mention it, I recall talking about that show a long while ago.
Anyway, the kendama and ball sequence is still one of my favorites.

Well, let's expect it goes well and we have the chance to see it someday ;-) Good luck!

HansNickmans

Being in a post-BKO buzz, I managed to land slip grip to lighthouse and in (like Matt does in the Dan Jam).  Thanks @kendamatty  for explaining that trick to me!
Kendama Belgium!

kayadama

Tried to learn some taps today as i realised i never try any thing like that. Also joined the bka which was a pretty rad move :)

shalafi

Today I finally landed an Earth Turn whirlwind. Yes, @kendamatty was right, I was doing it right, I just needed more practice.

Visual proof uploading... done

Now off to practice more until I got it more consistent.

donald grant

Just landed a double earth turn over the valley and in.  Goes to show that sometimes it's worth having a go at things you think are beyond you ......!

BKA

Rockin' day all round. Way to go, guys.

KenSan

@shalafi. Very nicely done. That seems to be a very popular trick. I watched a couple of Zoomdanka specials recently and its almost there trademark move.

Right lets have a go!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

shalafi

@KenSan there are a couple tutorials if you search for it. One from KendAlex is in the forum.