News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Coo, well done. I missed 1 Bird and 1 2-turn LH today.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Today I did 12 Stabs in a row, enough to get the consistency record, but I find very sad to only beat it by one, so I'll keep trying.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

I just did reverse swing to bird. I thought of the trick while practicing reverse swing-in and I landed at the 2nd try!

BKA

Quote from: shalafi on 31 August, 2014, 20:46:33Today I did 12 Stabs in a row, enough to get the consistency record, but I find very sad to only beat it by one, so I'll keep trying.
Hey, a record's a record! Were you filming?

shalafi

Quote from: BKA on 03 September, 2014, 15:02:40
Quote from: shalafi on 31 August, 2014, 20:46:33Today I did 12 Stabs in a row, enough to get the consistency record, but I find very sad to only beat it by one, so I'll keep trying.
Hey, a record's a record! Were you filming?
Yes, but in terrible lightning and terrible frame (most catches were out of frame). I actually made 12 twice 11 another time and 10 a couple more. Don't worry, you'll get one video, eventually.

shalafi

The Void

Well done, mate. I may try and get it back....

Today I missed the last 6th Dan trick by 1. But I at least seem to be getting through the four "8-ers" more often.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Solid stuff, guys.

Today I was filming with Kendama.Berlin's main man Till in an abandoned stretch of motorway, landed some nice stuff for our first collaborative edit. Stay tuned, folks. Yeah. Do not adjust your... modems. Boo-yah.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 04 September, 2014, 00:30:56
Well done, mate. I may try and get it back....

Today I missed the last 6th Dan trick by 1. But I at least seem to be getting through the four "8-ers" more often.
Get it back, then I can try to get it again :-)

Good work on your Dan practice! I'm actually working on a better self cetiffication for KendamApp and I have my Dan practice on hold until that is finished (hopefully this week)

The Void

Cliffdama

For my next edit: swing spike - lighthouse - big cup - lighthouse - tradespike ^^

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 04 September, 2014, 17:34:46
Quote from: shalafi on 04 September, 2014, 10:15:25Get it back, then I can try to get it again :-)
Well, if you insist... ;)
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,209.msg16004.html#msg16004
I'll ask Donald to approve/deny it.
Well done, I love that under the leg catches. We're getting this one up little by little.

I'll try to get it back again, this is good motivation ;)

shalafi

A new Stab consistency video is being uploaded, let's push it a little bit further :)

The Void

Today I got a...
Lunar>Somersault>In
...first try while waiting for the kettle. Pleasing, because my Somersaults are pretty awful. Made up for my awful 6th Dan attempt today.

Also posted a BKA membership to Cambodia.

donald grant

Yep, saw and approved Void's stab record, but it looks like the crown has passed back to Shalafi already :)

On a side note, landed axe somersault to axe for the first time tonight!