News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today I had a perfect run on my first 6 6th Dan tricks. Failed badly on the last trick though. Knee pain sucks.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

When my knee started hurting the other day, I rolled up my trousers to put a tubigrip on it.... to discover a big bruise on there. How did that get there? I gave it the day off yesterday, but practised again today. Still hurting. Failed. Better rest it for a couple more days at least, I guess. *sigh* #old

the milky oolong

Get well soon, [user]Void[/user], you're as old as you feel (easy to say, I know)!

Today took some time out with Berlin's Kendamatill, filmed some tricks:

Swing to Candle> Fast Hand Lighthouse > Axe > In

was the one I was most proud of. Never had an axe on film up until that line. Just goes to show, sometimes you gotta go for it.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Thanks, TMO!
Nice combo - I look forward to seeing it.

The Void

Good fun at Altern8 tonight - nice game of KEN with Sonic and Ash, plus Sonic finally cracked EC110!

The Void

The Void

The Void

shalafi

tastes like cherries :)
I really like the last one.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Great little series, [user]Void[/user], more more more!

Today I found a new unlikely winter kendama venue at the bouldering hall round the corner, nice of them to let us play there for free! Was a serious off-day for me; I didn't even want to insult my new Ozora Enjyu with my sloppy skills. But you can't lace everything you want every day. Unless your name is Peter Wimmers.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Thanks, shalafi, TMO, I'll see what I can do...

Salvator-vals

Today I land swing to pinky, ring, middle and index finger. Can anybody land it to thumb?

The Void

Some people have trouble even with pinkie! Thumb could be pretty tricky.....

LarsVegas

... had a ipod spin-off session with three other players (actually yesterday night, but I was too tired to post afterwards). I'm currently near Osaka and we met last night in Okamoto-san's Chariran-ya restaurant (THE kendama hang-out in Osaka). With the shop full of players it was very easy to find someone to join the game.

I also have the paper version, but the electronic one is much easier to carry (doesn't crumple so easily) and it counts the points for you. We had much fun and it was definitely worth buying.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion