News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

kayadama

After yesterdays kendama hype i was determined to hit the trick ive been trying the past few days with no success. Got my first on film but the catch was a little funny. Kenflip basecup kenflip spike :)

the milky oolong

Nice one shalaf, first Whirlwind Earth Turn is a game-changer! I'm practising Reverse Whirwind Earth Turn right now, but I'm actually not that solid on my normal ones.

Landed 1-Turn Scoop Spike switch Ken grip yesterday, then deleted the file from my camera. Uhhn.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Well done, cats.

Busy weekend for me. Doing my new act (couple of mistakes, and the video's rubbish, so, no, shalafi. :P), demo for the warehouse crew, jam with Arron & Anton, another jam with Alex and Zac, filmed EKO Advanced list (coming soon) and Outlink 12.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Nice day playing out today:

Learned Pull-up Reverse Gunslinger Downspike and Swing In (x2 turns) Reverse Gunslinger Downspike, weird feeling but really great when it starts hitting home. Managed to pull it off in a game of KEN, also landed Aero> JS Tap In > JS Tap Lighthouse > Tradespike, was a very happy boy. And also dropped my first Reverse Whirlwind Earth Turn as a finisher! Some days just flow, feeling thankful for it.

Keep movin' on, fellas!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Peat

Today I landed my first quad jstick, and then I landed a few more after that.

I also learned kenflip late flip to spike, whirlwind late flip is next!

shalafi

Today I practiced a lot of spacewalks, namely for the advanced list of EKO.

I also landed a few nice combos and had a nice time playing with my Viking.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

kayadama

Learnt turntables and got my first lunar flip to lighthouse on film

LarsVegas

...  Landed some two turn earth turns. Finally I did my first two turn swing in > earth turn > two turn earth turn. Nice sequence.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

shalafi

Today I played with a bolero, a real one from Peru. Quite tough, but fun.

shalafi

That thing is really weird balanced, "tama" is really heavy and "ken" is really light. I estimate the tama to be 4x times the weight of the ken. Also the ken has a too uniform weight distribution, jumping sticks and even aeroplanes are too hard, but earth turns play very nice.

Size-wise, this one is about the size of a competition kendama.

Apparently in Peru it is called bolero and not balero (or so my friend claimed), that seems to be the name in a lot of other South American countries.

Also, they gave it to me as a present because they were very happy to see someone not from Peru enjoying it a lot and landing tricks they had not seen before. I may drop a not-kendama edit in the future.

LarsVegas

Landed a lot of new tricks - directly in sequences. First was Tomeken > big cup > bird > nudge into big cup. First time big cup to bird at all. I should have landed that a few weeks ago for outlink. Second was aeroplane > lighthouse > somersault to lighthouse. I never landed any somersault before.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Leologic777

Today I went to The KG Tues meetup. I go there every week but this time was special because I got to meet @shalafi.
Also Ive played with the balero/bolero above because that's where he got it.

I have a few small things to point out though. :P @shalafi
When I first saw you I thought you were who you are. Then im like no this is impossible. I was too shy to ask because I thought it would be disrespectful . Then when my friend talked about the Bat I decided I would take the chance and mention it was in KNEES! Im pretty sure. From there I said are you a member of the BKA forum? I remember you answering something like "Im one of the major admins" or something along those lines. Then I yelled "OH YOUR SHALAFI!". Then I remember you saying "im glad people recognize me" It was a really funny experience.

Anyways, I was really happy too meet you!!!!

Thank You

-Leo ;D
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

shalafi

Yes, it was very funny @Leologic777 I think you mentioned that the monkey chair was in the BKO list, something like that. I'm quite sure I said I am one of the admins. There is no such thing as "mayor admins" except, maybe @BKA itself. It's always nice to meet someone from the forum in person.

Edit: don't be shy, it would not have been disrespectful or anything... I mean if someone asked me if I'm someone I'm not, I would not mind. I also don't mind someone asking other people if they are me ;-)

I love the Tuesday meetup, lots of people, and so much fun. I wish I could go there every week, but in the meantime, I'll have to do it with the kendama-ireland ones...

And I also learned some new tricks today and got a few tips about other ones. Great day. Time to sleep.

M.Wang

Yeah!!
Got my first whirlwind!! Took me forever though.
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

HansNickmans

Did some Royal Abuse today. And managed to get a swing-in slip grip special. Never saw that coming. This trick was in the list of 'will never be able to do'. Time to go through that list I guess.
Kendama Belgium!