News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Official BKA gradings

Started by BKA, 08 January, 2012, 07:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Congratulations to Matt N and Ian F, who both took their opportunity to increase their gradings at the NRC.

BKA

LarsVegas

Quote from: BKA on 18 March, 2013, 19:16:55
Congratulations to Yannick and Sepp who hit their 1st Kyus yesterday.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200255174634401&set=a.3901401965878.2155647.1004065273

Is it just me, or is the link broken? But anyway, congratulations to both of you.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

Probably a facebook visibility thing. We'll fix it later....

[Edit]...there we go!

BKA

Sepp, welcome to the forum!
You and Yannick have now both been added to http://kendama.co.uk/kyu.html , and your grading added to your forum profile.
Click!

Seppi

Hey...
it's cool to be on this list... Thanks  ;D

BKA

Congratulations to Kev who steps onto the ladder at the 3rd Kyu rung, on his first attempt. Well done Kev!

Kev

Ah! Thanks very much - it was fun!  :)

I'd hoped to get to Kyu 2 or possibly 1 but unfortunately didn't quite make it on the day.

The Void was a friendly and fair examiner who pointed out I'd made a slight grip change during Around the World - this meant I needed to land it with a new technique (without the grip change) 'on the fly' as it were! So close a couple of times but not close enough this time!

I really recommend to anyone that they give a grading a go, it's fun to see what you can do when under a bit of pressure and very motivating to your kendama play.

Speaking of which, I've been practicing my improved Around the World and my Moshi Kame this week which meant today I self certified to Kyu 1! Yay :) - just gotta prove it at the next grading ;) (Can't wait :) )

BKA

Hard luck to Mr Jumpshoe who was killed by the dreaded Moshi Kame today when attempting to put a foot on the Dan ladder.

MOSHI KAME IS HARD! PRACTICE MOSHI KAME!

BKA

Congratulations to all those who got a grading today. Some very impressive first attempts!

Forum members have already had the Special Titles updated, and will be added to the register at http://kendama.co.uk/dan.html this week.

BKA

Well done to [user]Sonicpearse[/user] who cut things pretty fine, but tonight managed to conquer the Moshi Kame and the compulsories and step up to Pre-Dan level. Well done, sir!

BKA

Congratulations to Mr  Jumpshoe who got his 1st Dan today!

BKA

Pics of all recent grades. Well done to all.

[user]KrisWhyte[/user]

[user]condama[/user]

[user]MisterJumpshoe[/user]

donald grant

Couple of new gradings from Dundee this weekend:

Duncan Smith upped his game to hit 4th Kyu.

Avril Smart is hot on his heels at 5th Kyu.

I have a feeling this ain't over yet.....:)  Congratulations to them both!

LarsVegas

I'm very happy to announce the result of my first examination. Luca Lohr has passed his 1st Kyu exam yesterday. Congratulations to him.
[user]luckluc[/user]
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion