News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Dimensions

I have been super busy the past couple of weeks and had technical problems whilst editing the compilation. I'm going to be off for a week, so expect it to be up and ready when I'm back. Sorry for the delay.

But I am happy to announce that @Royal kendama will be offering a prize to a random participant of the EC!

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I had this "planned" but I've been having some back pain and lacking time. Good to be pushed again by someone else :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

OK Void I'll allow it ONLY if the next trick starts from that grip :)

BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Alright then....

Knee Bounce to Base Cup:
- Drop the whole kendama (with ball still on the spike)
- Bounce the base cup on the knee/thigh
- Catch the ken, and (immediately) swing up to Base Cup
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Should there be a 180 turn after the knee bounce?

Looks easy, should try it tomorrow.

The Void

Assuming that was meant to be a question....

Optional.

shalafi

It was meant to be a question ;-) my bad. Edited.

Ken grip or pen grip? Or optional?

The Void

shalafi

I landed it a couple of times off camera. Will allow a week and if no new blood comes in, I'll post it.

shalafi

Yep, got it on camera, it is an easy one. Leaving some days for fresh blood to enter the EC.

The Void

(I'll make this post, since @Dimensions is busy this week.)

There is a prize of a Royal Kendama for one random participant between tricks 126-150.
Currently in the draw: The Void

http://twitter.com/TheVoidTLMB/status/657354239413481472
Next trick is:
127. [from modified ken grip (see video for 126)] > Knee Bounce to Base Cup:
- Drop the whole kendama (with ball still on the spike)
- Bounce the base cup on the knee/thigh
- Catch the ken, and (immediately) swing up to Base Cup

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
the milky oolong, kendamatty, Cello_91, Sam B & The Void must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!

KenSan

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void