News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoda

Today i tried playing with two tamas on the string. It's more demanding than i thought :p
KENDAMA.COM.PL- POLISH KENDAMA COMMUNITY

JamesFM

Landed 2 new tricks last night.

1 Turn Lighthouse

Airplane to 1/2 Turn Lighthouse

Out of 100+ attempts I only landed each trick 3 times. So it looks like I have some serious training to do.

br4d24

stuff i recently got in the trick arsenal. Have landed all these tricks atleast a few times :) happy to say none in the video were fluke.

I think im just going to keep documenting my kendama progress, maybe i will get good enough to put out some quality edits later on. I pretty much have video on youtube from day one :)

The Void

@Yoda Yes it is!
@James ="Build The Lighthouse"
@Brad Progress, keep it up!
Nice work, guys.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

JamesFM

Quote from: The Void on 20 March, 2013, 20:35:57
@James ="Build The Lighthouse"

So thats what its called! I just looked it up on the kendama app and realized that is what I've been doing.
Thanks for the info.

happygoat

Today I landed my first 1-turn aeroplane. Maybe twice in 25 attempts...now aiming for consistency...hmmm

The Void

2/25, or even 3/100 is pretty good for a trick which is challenging your skill level, I think. Gotta start somewhere!

Today I did Spacewalk 1-Turn Scoop Spike for the first time, when trying to work out the name of a combo a friend asked about.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Hey there!

Thanks to an unexpected snow day here in the frozen north (and therefore some extra time to practice) I'm pleased to say I've just landed every trick in the required attempts for up to and including Kyu 3 - not much by the standard of many of you guys I know but a personal victory (the best kind right?).

I only got my kendama on Wednesday and now it's Friday so I'm pretty pleased :)

There's a part of me hoping to have landed all the Kyu level tricks by this coming Wednesday but I think that may be a challenge - getting Lighthouse fear already!

We'll see.

Cuppa then more clickin' I reckon . . .

Have a good day peeps.

The Void

Nice one Kev. If you want to do an official grading... see me at BJC! (And/or come to BKO!).

Kev

Yes thanks, I'd very much like to.

Can't make BKO unfortunately but hoping to make BJC.

I should be a bit more consistent by then too as I'd imagine the grading scenario adds a bit of pressure? *deep breath*

The Void

Yup. {insert evil mwuhhahaha-ing here}

Cliffdama

So it has been a while. I'm playing kendama since feb 9th 2013. At first the baiscs where not that hard, but there's a huge gap between easy and hard tricks. I overcome the gap and now keep getting better. Heres what i did today! (I'm proud!!)

Swing in bird (don't know real name)
Bird over the valley.
Bigcup bird ->Earthspin  -> bigcup bird -> spike
And the last.......

Bearthspin over the valley! (Bigcup bird -> earthsin -> smallcup bird -> spike!

mreasyguy

Just landed something i was thinking about but didnt think i could get.

Airplane>fast-throw inverted earthturn (grab ken, and inverted earthturn in one upward movement)

Also landed a spacewalk 1 turn scoop spike thanks to KendAlex's tutorial  :)

Good night of clicking!

JamesFM

Landed my first Lunar today. Such a fun trick. I was able to get it to spike too!

EDIT: I am so stoked right now. I just landed 3 Lunars in 10 tries. Once it clicks, replicating it isn't too bad. The hard part is figuring out the proper motion. I am using the this method: Set up like an airplane, and slightly twist the ken clockwise on take off. The motions are very subtle and require very little pressure / strength.

BKA

Congrats, Cliff, mreasy and James!