News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

KAIZEN from KendamaUSA

Started by the milky oolong, 25 November, 2014, 19:41:11

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Seems the Kendama USA people are quite prolific these pre-Christmas days:

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

M.Wang

So hyped!
My sis Legacy just ordered a padauk kaizen in grape!
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

Paul_S

their trans red wine is sooo sexy

emagdnim

I got the trans red wine.
IT plays good, kinda slippery tamma but still got good balance so lunars and lighthouse work out fine.

Only led down is the paint, it chips and dents like crazy.

PikWik

i like my mint paduak kaizen. it plays well but only after adjusting the weight on the ken. the sarado was MUCH lighter than the sword and was a downright nightmare to lunar on. i reduced the weight to match the sarado, and BAM, lunar all day :)

another thing i noticed was the different cup sizes from a standard JKA and other brands. other brands big cups are ~41-42mm but the kaizen is smaller, 39mm. youd be surprised at how much of a difference that makes, tho.

all in all, the kaizens are decent kendamas, id rate 7.8/10. I also have a purpleheart and it is equally way out of balance (84g tama, 72g ken). furthermore, after getting a kaizen, i am re-evaluating all of my kendamas and matching the sarado weights to a ~2g difference between the sword. i noticed Grain Theory does this with all their stuff too. or at least the hickory and spectrum i have are perfectly weighted (within .5g of each other)