News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Buying strings UK

Started by Yogi, 04 May, 2016, 14:11:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi

Hey guys,
I'm new here so hello to all that haven't seen my introduction!

I have lost the spare string my Ozora came with and it is now in dire need of restringing. I have looked online for buying strings but most places are abroad, and/or the postage cost works out as double the cost of the strings alone, which without trying to sound too stingy is a bit off putting to me. :'(

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good place to buy from/if you have some strings you would be willing to part with. (Just let me know how much you would want for them!)

Cheers

BKA

@Yogi Here's a one-off offer: Join the Member Map, and we'll post you some free strings!

Yogi

@BKA Wow really! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it, I will sign up now! ;D

BKA

Yogi

johndmc

Generally though, where is good to buy replacement strings from?
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Acmuirhead

Was wondering a similar thing. Got some kendamas from sweets and got some silk strings which I really like and would want to put similar strings on other kendamas. But a lot of hassle buying from America tho.

Chunky Nutwhip

Here is a link to check out

http://skilltoyz.com/kendama-string-and-beads/

I find the Ozora strings to be the best but like a lot of things it's personal preference.  Im not sure exactly but the Ozora string feels pretty silky to me!