News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

TK16 & Shinfuji are no more.

Started by KenSan, 17 January, 2017, 18:09:23

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

As the tittle says apparently the JKA has revoked the green and black sealed kendamas!

I am not entirely sure why the Shinfuji are no longer being sealed, maybe something about quality I'm not sure. However Hakushinshya who I believe made the Shinfuji have a new kendama available called "Minna no Kendamas"  (Everyone's kendama) http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/hakushinsya-kk/ with a new seal. not JKA certified though.

The TK16 seal has apparently been taken away due to a manufacturing error. It turns out that a lot of the Tks on the market over the last couple of years have been the wrong shape! A mutant shape as it has been called in some quarters (my first kendama was such a mutant TK).  Also the paint on the tama chipped too easily and the bevel was also out of spec. The main difference on the ken was from the slip grip up to sarado. It was much fatter.

Heres a pic of my first Tk in the middle another mutant to the right and a proper shaped one to the left.

There is probably more to it than this but this is the gist of it as I understand it. 

This Information has been garnered from http://www.downspike.com/threads/jka-kendamas.375/

Some of the contributers are JKA people I believe so I guess there must be some truth in it all!?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Hakushinshya tweeted about stopping SFs and starting the Minna a while back, so yes to that. Didn't know about the TK16s. I would guess that the Gentoshas will come along to fill the gap.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

Yeah thats what it looks like. Shame about the TKs though. Even though my first one was a mutant they are still solid (and very slipery) damas. However once I tried and Ozora there was no going back to them really.
Would like to try the Minna at some point. The Gentosha looks very much aimed at kids from what I've seen though.

The Void

Quote from: KenSan on 18 January, 2017, 20:14:14The Gentosha looks very much aimed at kids from what I've seen though.
Are you talking about their junior model, or their GT16? The GT16s I had had very basic, standard packaging, but those were the JKA40th ones, so not sure if they're doing production run ones yet. I may well be out of that loop...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

http://www.gentosha-edu.co.jp/products/post-243.html

Im probably being too critical but packaging wise and seal wise it looks aimed at younger players to me. Would try one though.

The Void

Hmm. Not sure they look to me like they're specifically aimed at kids, but I see what you mean, ish. The non-metallic seal isn't as nice, IMO. Cheers for the link!