News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Spin-off! twitter giveaway comp.

Started by BKA, 18 March, 2013, 13:19:58

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

For another chance to win a FREE COPY, go to Twitter:
http://twitter.com/BritishKendama/status/313640157452591104

BKA

Quote from: BKA on 18 March, 2013, 13:19:58
For another chance to win a FREE COPY, go to Twitter:
http://twitter.com/BritishKendama/status/313640157452591104
Looks like this isn't going to make it to the required 25. Not many tweeters out there? Or no-one likes free stuff? A day and a half to retweet to win, folks.

br4d24

I would! But i didnt want to be greedy, i dont need two :P

I think a video competition would bring more publicity :) kendama players seem to enjoy filming their tricks as much as they do landing them. Video contests always seem to work.

Nothin crazy, maybe just small themed things like who can do a around the usa in the craziest location. Or who can add the most style to a certain trick. Stuff that doesnt necessarily require years of kendama experience to compete in.

I think competitions based on doing a set trick (or different trick based on skill) in creative locations. Like who can get the most passers by in the background, or who can stomp a trick infront of the most odd looking vehicle.

In the end there would be nice clips that could be compiled in interesting ways! Just think: "international kendama team edit #1"

BKA

Yes, but a video comp takes a lot of effort to enter. We wanted a very easy comp. (Click, click, done in 5 seconds). Plus retweets help to spread the word, which is why we're really doing it, truth be told. So feel free to enter this one too.

Waylon

If you win, you could always pass it on to spread the joy.

BKA

br4d24

Quote from: Waylon on 21 March, 2013, 12:41:13

Yeah i know, what im staying is that maybe people would like to be a little more engaged! Everyone likes showing off their skills in edits anyways, so why not do that for a comp while you are filming anyways.

Next competition im going to enter even if i might already have a prize, and then i will do my idea :P

Waylon

Quote from: br4d24 on 22 March, 2013, 01:39:13
Quote from: Waylon on 21 March, 2013, 12:41:13

Yeah i know, what im staying is that maybe people would like to be a little more engaged! Everyone likes showing off their skills in edits anyways, so why not do that for a comp while you are filming anyways.

Next competition im going to enter even if i might already have a prize, and then i will do my idea :P

I agree with your competition idea. I just shipped prize packages today from a fixed axle yoyo contest a friend and I held. Skill was not a requirement, though creativity was.

I think the videos would also give faces to some of these screen names. It makes the community a touch more personal. Also, a plug screen to open the vids is advertisement.