News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge #13 - "BIG Walk"

Started by Kenski Di, 29 May, 2012, 03:36:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenski Di

Hello everyone,

Here you are. Consistency ladder #13!

This ladder consists of 10 tricks, arranged in 4 combos, each starting with a different spacwalk.

1.  (i) Spacewalk, (ii) Ken Flip

2. (iii) Spacewalk One-turn Aeroplane, (iv) U.F.O.

3. (v) Spacewalk One-turn Lighthouse, (vi) Lighthouse Flip, (vii) Swap-In

4.(viii) Spacewalk One-turn Lunarlander, (ix) Lunarlander Flip, (x) Swap-In

Remember, all tricks must be submitted in that order, clean, and without error.

Here is an edit so you can see the tricks for yourself. If you can, try to land the lunarlanders cleaner than I did.

GOOD LUCK

SamB

When you put the video up please can you type the trick list below. It's a bit easier for reference and means we don't all have to transcribe the video as it plays.
I have Saturday afternoon wide open so I'm in this time!
Thanks!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Kenski Di

Quote from: SamB on 29 May, 2012, 13:16:39
When you put the video up please can you type the trick list below. It's a bit easier for reference and means we don't all have to transcribe the video as it plays.
I have Saturday afternoon wide open so I'm in this time!
Thanks!

That's the plan. There will definitely be a list.

Kenski Di

Get ready! Challenge dropping in less than 24 hours!

Kenski Di

Number 13 will be dropping Saturday, June 2, at 16:00 BST/ 10:00am CST.

First place wins a New (in package) Shin Fuji in black with gold stripe.

Like number 12, number 13 will allow no errors at all, and must be completed in the same order as in the video. A video will be uploaded at the time of release showing the trick.

First to upload a video of the trick without error wins!
Any comments? Let me know.

:)

Oase

ooo just so the post !!! no time right now...maybe tonight !!!

SamB

OK I've had a crack at this whilst watching the queen ride a pretty ridiculous boat.

1. Consistent
2. 50% success rate
3. 2% success rate
4. 0% success

Seriously spacewalk lunar is an extremely difficult trick which you seem to have a talent for making look easy and a lunar somersault I've only managed a handful of times. Any tips?

These definitely aren't tricks I practice but I appreciate the challenge.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

KendaMushroom

nice ladder...i've given it a shot and what would seem pretty funny but the hardest for me is the lunar to swap in...never EVER done it before...not my kind of exit :)

Kenski Di

Quote from: Oase on 03 June, 2012, 12:30:28
ooo just so the post !!! no time right now...maybe tonight !!!

Oase, I've seen your edits. This trick must be possible for you.  :)

Quote from: SamB on 03 June, 2012, 15:38:05
OK I've had a crack at this whilst watching the queen ride a pretty ridiculous boat.

1. Consistent
2. 50% success rate
3. 2% success rate
4. 0% success

Seriously spacewalk lunar is an extremely difficult trick which you seem to have a talent for making look easy and a lunar somersault I've only managed a handful of times. Any tips?

These definitely aren't tricks I practice but I appreciate the challenge.

Don't pay too much attention to this:
The key to the spacewalks, particularly lunar, is having a feel for how it swings. What I mean is that it is possible to feel the way the ken is hanging/spinning as soon as you catch the tama. If you can get a feel for that, than you can feel how to tug it into a perfect spin. If you can do that than the setup isn't as important; you can tug it into a perfectly lined-up spin even if it's off by several degrees, just by feeling it, and knowing exactly which angle will have what effect.

AlexSmith

My back has been bringing me nothing but pain for the last two days - slept on it real funny the other night and now it hurts to move around too much. Have tried this ladder out a few times despite this, and the damn lunar switch in got me at least once or twice. Maybe I'll try again later tonight after I get some study time in...

Oase

i can wait to go home..so i can try this ladder !!! tonight i`m gone try it !!!!

AlexSmith

Sick way to end it. Glad someone got this one.

MattDeCoteau

Thanks Alex. I'm glad I got it too haha...I logged on expecting it to have been completed already but since it wasn't I decided to take a swing.