News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

boarders balance

Started by kendamatty, 11 April, 2013, 01:59:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuya Takahashi

I got it once on my enjyu when i was trying to get a 1 turn lighthouse that was pure luck because I'm not that good at kendama.

BrandonYoder

How do people make so the tip of the spike doesn't slip?
what is this? I dont even..

KendaMushroom

apparently most of them say they use sticky balls and blunt spikes...but sticky balls help.

BrandonYoder

Ok, i was trying to learn on a friends attack and wasn't sure if i was cheating or not. haha

joris.schweppe

It helps so much when your trying it on a sweets atack or an other tama which isn't slippery. I even landed a 1 turn boarders ballence like 2 times, and since I practice it a lot it will get easier on ozoras as well

s070s

Quote from: BKA on 15 April, 2013, 22:36:05
You all know that Takumi Okada is "Boarder", right? And it's called that because it's his balance.
*Public service announcement ends*

wow thats pretty cool , ... that everyone  have been using his actuale name instead of a 'nice word' for a trick.
and thats real good for someone who was so awesome

Tetsuya Takahashi

I've been experimenting with oozora kendamas and found that a plain wood grain works best of all, my yellow was almost as good for these.

Kendama+cliniK

:o Sometimes I can't handle all the "Awesome" on this Forum. haha You guys are great.
Kendama+cliniK

The Void

Necro post, but with reference to "blunt tips and sticky paint", here's @Will T doing it with neither:
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Whaddya think about this madness?
EDIT: Not to fail to give a man credit, this is Sweets' own Taku Hatanaka, the serious man, with a Stilts > Tornado into BB. Jesus wept.

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

TCY

It'll be much easier to balance when you're focusing on the base cup of the ken.
TCY

Buttkraken

its crazy to see how far dama has moved in a couple of years