News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Hi Jeremy, welcome to the forum, and BKA. We know you're going to love exploring your new skill set with kendama. Click on!

mackdama

What's going on guys?! Name's Mack and I'm out of Southern Cali! I've only been playing kendama for about two months now and have found this forum as a wealth of knowledge starting out. I rock climb a lot and one of my climbing friends introduced me to kendama and I was immediately hooked so I went and bought a KenUSA Turner Thorne pro model. I love the feeling of landing a trick after you've been at it for a while. So far I've been able to land the "essential eleven" but am trying to perfect the technique to land them consistently. Thanks in advance for all of the tips, tricks and advice!!

BKA

Hi Mack, welcome aboard!

Sqveel

hiya all, I'm juu or the sqveel.

I've been... clicking? for about a month now. still at it pretty much every day untill my legs hurt too much, so I guess i'm properly hooked.

I've learned everything I know from a book, this is my first proper time delving into the internet about kendama. Just about to hit some videos up.

BKA

Hey Sqveel, welcome! Happy clicking!

Sqveel

ah, it is clicking then.  All my friends are obsessed with yoyos, i'm the only one with a kendama. I keep almost calling it throwing :P

Appyo

Hi all

My names Chris White and I'm brand new to kendama!

Around a week ago I stumbled upon a video featuring Jake Wiens and after a couple of hours browsing YouTube placed an order for my first Ozora. I haven't been able to put it down!

I'm looking forward to what the future has to offer.

BKA

Welcome Chris!
Check out the Essential Eleven thread to get your basic technique sorted, then it's on from there.

We'll have to watch out not to confuse you with [user]KrisWhyte[/user]! :-)

Appyo

Quote from: BKA on 01 July, 2014, 16:25:23
Welcome Chris!
Check out the Essential Eleven thread to get your basic technique sorted, then it's on from there.

We'll have to watch out not to confuse you with [user]KrisWhyte[/user]! :-)

Thanks BKA for the welcome and the post, very helpful! I'll be sure to stick to Appyo to avoid any confusion ;)

Davo

Hi All,
Name here is Dave, and I discovered the kendama relatively late in my life (I'm in my mid 50's).  After spending several decades moving heavy things around and crawling on floors (former safe & lock tech), my back and knees are total wreckage.
While my dama skills are still decidedly lacking (been playing with it regularly for something like 6 months now), it's doing a world of good for my aforementioned back/knees  :-)
Been spending a lot of time with Void and Donald's books---they do a great job of describing what should be happening, makes it much easier to troubleshoot.
Received my membership card/stickers in the mail today (Thanks BKA!!!)

BKA

You're welcome! And... welcome to the forum!

MattDama

Hi everyone!
This M.Wang but I wanted to make a new account for ease of login uses. So, HELLO and bow ties, Stetsons, and fezzes are cool. So are pineapples. And trench coats. AND, fish fingers dipped in custard.

Cheers!

MattDama

daniel.patten.73

Nice to see ken-folk also dig the doctor.

BKA

Quote from: MattDama on 11 July, 2014, 04:21:52
Hi everyone!
This M.Wang but I wanted to make a new account for ease of login uses. So, HELLO and bow ties, Stetsons, and fezzes are cool. So are pineapples. And trench coats. AND, fish fingers dipped in custard.

Cheers!

MattDama
Hmmm, hopefully we can make things easier for you without the need for a 2nd account. PM'd.

dwm

Hi everyone

I am David, a.k.a. dwm. I started Kendama recently and still at the frustration stage. Does it ever go? enjoying it though. Love the site

Take Care

dwm