News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Craftybuddy

Hello, and my name is Yoko; aka and t/a craftybuddy on eBay site selling Kendamas and related items. Some of you may have heard of my name...

I got involved in selling Kendamas back in 2009 when one of our friends in Spain asked me if I could get and sell Kendamas taking advantage of the fact that I am Japanese, etc.  Since then it grew.

I try and liaise between Kendama lovers inside and outside of Japan, for one of the traditional culture of Japan that I used to be in touch since I was a little girl! Now I try and become a bridge between JKA and my lovely Kendama friends!

I hope to check this forum up as much as I can - and would love to help getting an answer for any questions you may have about Kendamas from the very JKA people and other respected people!

Also I hope I will be feeding back to JKA regarding what Kendama lovers are saying, feeling, etc, outside of Japan!
I am looking forward to this - thanks so much!!

With love,
Yoko x

BKA

Winter Solstice Kendama

Hey everyone,

My name is Curtis, and I am a huge fan of Kendama. Winter Solstice Kendama is a project I am in the midst of launching that is focused on expanding kendama awareness in Southern Alberta and beyond with a target of making my own kendamas for sale hopefully by years end.

Thus far I have ordered and sold 50 kendamas in Calgary and am looking to grow a little as well. I look forward to seeing the full launch of the online store and some different "Canadian Content" than our usual ball and stcik game...hockey...

AlexSmith and RodDAMA are key players in my interest in the toy and it's culture. I love the dang thing...and it's way too fun! Super psyched to be getting to know quite a few people in our scene and am stoked to eventually get some videos up. I suck at video edits RE: Have absolutely no skills/technology is a lil'scary sometimes :lol:

All told, stoked to be involved and participating, hoping to have th Calgary Kendama Club going soon and then focusing on Kids Camps or afterschool programs.

If you are or you know a Canadian in need of some new wood or just people to jam out with in Southern Alberta, lets chat! Always down for a dama jam and learning some new tricks ':{D

-Curtis

pascoe

Hey guys i can't believe i have been a member of this website for nearly two months and havent introduced myself  ;D Names josh i'm 20 years old and i'm an Animation student from Wales (Uk).  I have always been interested in japanese culture from a young age, so when my friend said he had bought a Kendama i had to try it. I got hooked so decided to buy one of my own. I have now been playing for about 2 months. My other hobbies are Skating (rollerblade), xbox, playing guitar or doing something to do with Art.
I have a habbit of only being able to put my kendama down after i have landed a trick.

BKA

A belated welcome to you, sir!

BKA

And good to have you here too, Curtis. Evangelists of the good wood always welcome! :-)

Winter Solstice Kendama

Quote from: BKA on 20 March, 2012, 17:03:27
And good to have you here too, Curtis. Evangelists of the good wood always welcome! :-)

Kendangelism...The Church of Wood...Services every Funday...Come and fill your cup and your cup and your cup... ;)

-Curtis

eldridgedk

Hello fellow players!

My name is Philip Eldridge, and I have been playing since summer of 2009. Back then I quickly fell in love with kendama an the unlimited ways of twisting and turning it, always making it possible to progress.

In 2010 I co-founded the Kendama Denmark Team, and with that the only kendama shop i Denmark www.kendama.dk. Here we try to bring kendama to schools and institutions across the country. Aiming to replace the ever growing amount of battery driven toys. (It is one hell of a fight).

I am fairly new on the international scene, but really looking forward to travelling on kendama affairs in the next years.

If you wanna see what I and the team are up to check out: kendama.dk/video

Looking forward to seeing you all out there!
Happy clickin'!
Always keep clicking,

Kind regards,
Philip Eldridge
Bossman @ www.kendama.dk

BKA

eoramo

Well hello there! Thank you for the sort of welcome to the forum.  My name is George and though I am new to the forum, I have been with this hobby for quite a long time now. Well, there are people who are in it for even longer but I have been playing for almost a year already.

I hope that I would get to know of other people who are interested with F1 as well as that is the other area I am most interested with as well.

BKA

Good to have you here, enjoy!

leviijayde

Hi Guys my name is Levii (:  I can play kendama, and i have just been peer presured into joining this forum (: Soo hello Guys :D

BKA

Ha, well welcome along. Hope you enjoy it now you're here. :-)

Loulouis

Hi everyone!

My name is Louis, and I'm a french kendama player. I've been playing since a few months, and I really love that toy (and I'm sure that it's much more...)! I come to you to learning more about kendama, and meet the English community :) And also improve my english skills... I hope that you will be tolerant about my thin capacities to express me.

Nice to read you!

BKA

Hi Louis,

You are very welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.

Click click!