News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Ah, I'm not sure... I was interpreting what Dimensions wrote to mean that you held on to the ball, and swung the ken, finally releasing the ball (and not the ken as you do) into a Moon Circle. (Strictly speaking, since you'd be releasing the ball, it wouldn't be a true Moon Circle, but hey, this thread's all about variations, right?)
I don't know though, maybe I'm reading it wrong, and that's what he wanted.

....[user]Dimensions[/user]?

I had a go at "my way" earlier today and in about 40 goes got really close about 8 times. :/
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Ha, timing! You're all good, Nic, set us a new challenge then!

So, #25 (finish position of) Moon Circle -> ??
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendaMushroom

yeah this was a weird one, thats why I dont seem very convinced at the end haha.

hmmm so. basically (normal ken grip with ball on the spike) start to -> double flip "earthturn" to small bird.

works?

The Void

That would be 3 tricks combined, and it should only be 2, according to the original rules, and how it's gone so far. (i.e. Each player adds one new trick each round.)
So, Moon Circle > Double Earth Turn ? [EDIT: Ignore that, see what rawr wrote below!]

Dimensions

[user]The Void[/user]
I thought that if i keep the thread in action more people will carry want to have a go at something more there level - [user]Kendamushroom[/user] you can do it again with the throw from tama grip if you wish
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

rawr

I read the trick as a double earth turn that lands as a small bird instead of on the spike. That would indeed be just one trick then.

The Void

Oh, yes, rawr, you're right, my mistake! Thanks. Right, off we go then!
As per the rules, [user]shalafi[/user], [user]emagdnim[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user] & [user]KendaMushroom[/user] are excluded from this round.

KendAlex

so if i take part in need to do a mooncirle from back to front and a double earthturn to small bird?
Or do i just do a double earth turn to little cup bird?

BKA

You don't have to do the Mooncircle. Start from the finish position of a Mooncircle, and just do the double earthturned small bird. In other words, start from where Nic finished.

KendAlex

and as next challenge i like to see a double backside earthspin over the valley, so the hole turns toward your body.

good luck

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

mreasyguy

Some of the most wonky birds in here but i finally got it (for the second time, first one the ball went out of shot)

If this is fine next step would be: Bird>kenflip spike