News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2014, Leeds, May 3rd/4th

Started by BKA, 07 October, 2013, 13:08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Ooh, controversy! We were just going through the results... http://kendama.co.uk/bko2014.html has now been updated with full scores for the Advanced division too. BUT, we noticed a mistake had been made. Matt was actually 8th, not 5th, and positions 6-8 all move up a place as a result. The previous post has been updated.

[user]kendamatty[/user] - you keep your prize, as it was not your mistake, but ours. [user]SamB[/user] and [user]Hoggyhogghogg[/user] - prizes for 5th-7th were roughly the same, so no harm done.
[user]MisterJumpshoe[/user] - We'll make it up to you, sorry!

Dimensions

Whoa! What a weekend that was!
It flew by really quickly and landed loads of new tricks including: 0.5 UFO to lighthouse, clap Jumping Stick and my first inward lighthouse flip!
Competition day was great too! My aim was to at least get past round 1 but somehow I ended up in the final against [user]Thorny[/user]! But, his experience got the better of me and he won 3-5, but I'm happy at that as it was my first BKO - next year...
Oh, and sorry I had to pop off early from competition day :( - it looks like you had a good time even after!
Also [user]Void[/user], you thank so many people and never get thanked yourself, thanks for organising these events - I bet it is a lot of work! Hats off to you

Unfortunately I won't be making it to EKO this year but hope to meet you all soon!

-Rob

P.S can ask when the video of Sunday will come out?
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

SamB

BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

MisterJumpshoe

So I was 7th, eh?  Cool bananas, as a friend of mine used to say.

I would like to make the EKO, but I just don't know.  It's gonna come around really quickly, so I'd better make the ol' mind up!

Cheers for your help during the exams, Void.  The moshi counting is just a confidence thing for me.  I know I can do it, I'm just worried I'll sell someone short and let them and you down.  Might sound a bit daft and I do intend to just go ahead and do it.  I enjoy giving the exams and was glad I could do eight while at the BKO.  My job is safe until next year!

I'm working on my own little BKO video today.  I'm not sure when I can upload it as the internet here is a little sketchy.  I'll do my best!!

Great to see some friends again and to make some new ones!  I love that, it happens every year!! :D
Music Has the Right to Children

donald grant

Back home in Fife now, the captial of UK kendama :)

The weekend was lots of fun, nice to catch up with folk and meet more forum members.

Big thanks and congratulations to Kev and Void for making it all happen.  And the cake was excellent!

The Void

Thanks everyone. Glad to hear that folks had a good time. A big congrats to everyone, but perhaps especially to [user]Dimensions[/user] and [user]Thorny[/user].

Mr Jumpshoe, it'll be great to see your vid, as mine will be a bit "ordinary", as I only have the onstage action. Might take a few days to get it done, as I have to film some other stuff tomorrow.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Quote from: MisterJumpshoe on 06 May, 2014, 18:26:27Cheers for your help during the exams, Void.  The moshi counting is just a confidence thing for me.  I know I can do it, I'm just worried I'll sell someone short and let them and you down. 
Well, I just invested in some of these for the BKA box.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

BKA

Some more pics via [user]MisterJumpshoe[/user]

Kev

Hey everyone, thanks for all the thanks! Ruth and I had such a great time both planning and taking part in the BKO - ultimately it's the people that make it though - so we are really glad you enjoyed it.

I'd like to add to the big thanks to [user]Void[/user], especially having seen first hand how much time and effort he put in to this weekend. He really is dedicated to making sure we all have a great time and to helping the kendama scene grow bigger and better every day. It's amazing to think the BKO was just one of the many things he'll be doing for us this year. Sir, I salute you!

Oh, and I think that picture of [user]mreasyguy[/user] and his now legendary onion lollipop is my favourite pic of the weekend! We should get it on a t shirt!

MisterJumpshoe

@Void That looks absolutely ideal!  Great idea.
Music Has the Right to Children

The Void

Here's Kombo, aka Jakub, with his winning Best Trick:

Kev

Nice one Jakub, I really loved this trick (as you can *just* see from my reaction in the corner of the video!)

8)

This is the one I was talking about [user]Void[/user] that you describe as 'confidential' - do my ears deceive me? (It's quite possible!).

The Void

Ah, right, yes. This name came from Donald, who did a trick into/from that grip [ http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,653.msg4755.html#msg4755 , @2m:53s ].
The idea being it was slightly less than "secret" grip, so we jokingly called it "confidential" grip. :-)

BKA

Videos will be released at ~ midnight tonight. Just in time for overnight downloads of biiig files. :)