News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2014, Leeds, May 3rd/4th

Started by BKA, 07 October, 2013, 13:08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Video is out, in 2 different sizes. Both of them large!
Download links are on http://www.kendama.co.uk/bko2014.html

kendamatty

Well that was a good weekend wasn't it!  The minibus turned out to be quite useful in the end which I'm please about (a small victory to justify the enormous carbon footprint left behind from driving in total around 400 miles in that tank). (14 seats transporting 17 people, that's ok right?...)

Great Hosting and organisation again by Void (as always), it was a well orchestrated event with a great variety of things going on, and the pace of the competiton was really good and the prizes were fantastic (including my ill-gotten gain - it will not be wasted dont worry!)

I can't say that I'm not a little gutted, but I got knocked out by someone who practiced much more than me (so well deserved Rob!).  Also well done Thorny, you definitely deserved the titled, well played sir!

And Donald's Dan Jam was certainly very entertaining (nice work you string wizard you).

Good to see the young scottish lads in person, they are very good and entertaining to watch (I especially enjoyed the final ken battle we had at the end - The bird is certainly the word).

Kev and Ruth, fantastic hosting, you are two very nice people! I'll be glad to return the favour if you are around Cambridge anytime :)

And big shout out to SamB's family for having us for a much needed cuppa and a bite to eat in the hardest place to negotiate turns in a bus EVER.

And anyone who wasn't there... come next time!

My girlfriend and Luke had an incredible time (despite very tired legs), and can't wait for the next event!

Cheers all,

Matt

BKA

One more time: Thank you! to these guys:

BKA

If any prize-winners fancy posting a "thumbs up" pic of themselves with their prizes (and BKA card if appropriate), then that'd be cool.
No obligation though.

kendamatty

A few snapperoonies of the weekend.  We met a guy in the pub, and he loved it so much he went onto Ebay and bought one there and then!

Final photo is with our prizes - thanks sponsors you have made us very happy!

The Void

Cheers Matt, nice to see the pics. Good job you had the minibus too - could have been a complete cat-herding job to get everyone to the park otherwise!

I'm pleased that the Bounty Prize finally did its job - spurring someone on to practise hard enough to beat you. Although to be fair to Rob - he probably had enough enthusiasm without it! :)

Looking forwards to the next jam. For me that'll be Bungay Balls Up, which I'm off to next Friday, for a spot of chilled clicking with [user]ian[/user], [user]Ian F[/user], [user]orinoco[/user], and others. Then probably Oxford.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

Oh man I can't stop thinking about Thorny's first prize Walnut Krom deluxe.... So jealous, but well earned.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Kev

It was a real beauty for sure although I think it was mahogany?

SamB

Quote from: Kev on 11 May, 2014, 18:34:51
It was a real beauty for sure although I think it was mahogany?
Whoops! Yep it was, Matt Rice has one too:
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...