News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Eleven turn turntable!

Started by Dimensions, 24 May, 2015, 08:52:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Icemonkey

Wow that is absolutely nuts. It makes you wonder what's next? A 10 turn lunar/lunar flip? There's already been a 9-turn UFO, and now there's an 11-turn turntable. I still can't even do 1 turn of any of those :U

shalafi

I'm personally not a big fan of X-turn tricks pushing the numbers, although it is really impressive that people can do such things.

We should start keeping track of them.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Interesting to see that he "drives" the trick to get the extra spins.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Icemonkey

Quote from: The Void on 25 May, 2015, 19:19:38
Interesting to see that he "drives" the trick to get the extra spins.
Yeah it kind of reminded me of how people spin a basketball or a frisbee on their finger. I guess the frisbee would be the better example because you have to generate momentum to get it to rotate around your finger, seems like he's doing that but with the concave sides of the big cup.

Kengeaa

This is ridiculous I remember landing a triple and I felt god like after that. And yeah I really don't like the number chasing either, but it's still nice to see the technical ability...

LarsVegas

Theoretically there's no limit to it - I also had the impression that he's actively driving the spin. So that's not about numbers, that's about pure coordination and control. And once you get the hang of it, you just continue. It's like spinning clubs or pens around your hand or finger, respectively. First you start with one turn and eventually you can do this as long as you want.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion