News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Around prefecture. cannot spike it-please help

Started by mabulrub, 09 August, 2015, 20:53:56

Previous topic - Next topic

mabulrub

I have mastered all the tricks in the pre Dan except for this one.
I have a big issue with it and cannot figure out my problem.
Although I succeed it some times consecutively yet there are lots of times where I fail it in a strange way, what happens is that when I try to spike it the Tama turns outside instead of towards me to spike it, although I give it a tug inwards as I do when I spike it from big or small cup. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong?

If you faced this issue before and solved it could you please help!

Thanks in advance

BKA

mabulrub

When I let's the Tama from base cup (the whole is facing me) to spike I left it and try to make the Tama turn inwards towards me to easily get the spike. But what happens is that the Tama turns the other way so the whole moves from being facing me to the other side ( moving outwards)

I hope I made it clear. If not I will try to make a video. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

mabulrub

Quote from: BKA on 09 August, 2015, 22:41:11
Can't quite picture what you mean. Video?
When I let's the Tama from base cup (the whole is facing me) to spike I left it and try to make the Tama turn inwards towards me to easily get the spike. But what happens is that the Tama turns the other way so the whole moves from being facing me to the other side ( moving outwards)

I hope I made it clear. If not I will try to make a video. Thanks
Quote from: mabulrub on 10 August, 2015, 17:12:42

BKA

Quote from: mabulrub on 10 August, 2015, 17:14:31
Quote from: BKA on 09 August, 2015, 22:41:11
Can't quite picture what you mean. Video?

I hope I made it clear. If not I will try to make a video. Thanks
Quote from: mabulrub on 10 August, 2015, 17:12:42

Does this help? : http://bambuser.com/v/5715721

mabulrub

That was exactly what's happening with me. And you just made it very clear how I should move my hand.
Thank you very much for this personalised video. Appreciated

BKA