News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

VOTW 2011-07-18, "Final WJF 7 Champerspective 6"

Started by BKA, 18 July, 2011, 16:14:13

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

This week we have some battle action from the recent WJF juggling kendama convention, preceded by a gentle wake-up call. (Skip to 1m50)

It's great to see the scene spreading around, with meets and battles popping up all over the place.

AlexSmith

So who won the advanced? Looks like the guy on the right did to me, he has the ball on the spike before the other dude, Suuper close though

The Void

You mean the guy in the middle? I agree, it looked like it from the video. I wasn't there though, so I don't know. Was the green t-shirt guy the judge? 'cos he was pointing to Joe (the guy on the left). I think Adam K was there though. I'll message him to ask.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Adam K

Quote from: AlexSmith on 18 July, 2011, 22:59:57
So who won the advanced? Looks like the guy on the right did to me, he has the ball on the spike before the other dude, Suuper close though
Actually it was declared that those two tied (Joe Showers on the left, Tyler Marshall in the middle, and Matt Jorgensen on the right i think), and they proceeded to have a battle for first along with Christian Fraser (who had finished long before them and was out of the shot), with Christian winning the whole thing. The tie was a truly epic moment, and there was not a single person there who wasn't shouting. The day leading up to this and the day after this were filled with so much kendama, it was absolutely crazy, and I've been hooked since.

The Void

Awesome. Thanks for letting us know, and welcome to the forum. (And the addiction!)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Adam K

Quote from: The Void on 19 July, 2011, 01:11:55
<snip>Was the green t-shirt guy the judge?<snip>
Nope, that's Christian Fraser (the same guy in the clip immediately preceding the beginners competition)

AlexSmith

Ah yea I thought that might have been Tyler. Epic finish though for sure haha

Adam K

It appears I remembered the results incorrectly, as proven by new video evidence which also shows the beginner and intermediate competitions in full Tyler Marshall ended up winning the whole thing. (skip to 2:42 for the beginning of the advanced finals)

MasterKatra42

Yea dude, the ken-vention was nutty. So much Dama-nating!  We got some serious addicts here, probably the most hooked being Tanner Alder.

The WJF 7 Sweets Kendama Battle video pretty much says it all.  The first round was to determine who got to the final round, and the almost exact tie allowed me to advance.  I was so excited because these are two guys who I revered as demigods in the kendama world.  They're stomping some crazy hard tricks, the kind I say "Yea, I'll learn that in like 3 years".  It was such a great experience to have met them.  I can't wait for the next battle.

WJF seems to really embrace the kendama, and I heard the Sweets guys did great at IJA too.  They're so nice and supportive of spreading kendama to everyone with an arm and time to learn.  Really great time at WJF with them, I hope to see them again.

Oh, and it's my first post, hello kendama boards!