News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Spacewalk 1-turn Lunar

Started by Charlie, 20 January, 2013, 02:24:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie

Hello everyone, new to this site. ^^

I was just about ask for tips/advice.. but before I posted, I tried it again and figured it out.

I haven't landed it yet, but I found the correct starting position.

Holding the ken (I hold the edge of the Base Cup for spacewalks) where the Big Cup is facing directly at you (Ken is slightly turned to the right about ~2 cm), then start the spacewalk and do a slight pull (to turn the ken after the spacewalk), then the ken should turn the way you want it to, to land the Lunar (Or even a stilt).

I hope this helps people. Feel free to fill in spots I possibly left out. Thanks!

Charlie

I created a video to follow-up and visualize the spacewalk to 1-turn lunar.

BKA

Welcome to the forum, Charlie!
Thanks for the tutorial, it looks very helpful....

The Void

Cheers dude, I'll try that out tonight!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

I had a go at this, and although I didn't land the trick, I felt that the start position you suggest definitely got me closer to getting the spin on the right plane. Thanks.

More practice, more knees!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Charlie

I'm glad it helped you!

I also noticed when I caught the Tama, I corrected the pull by moving slightly inward. Maybe the pull is also a factor to get the right spin?

I'm not sure, just an observation. Thanks!