News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

11 Earth Turns in a row.
Did 4th Dan again today. Got to the 1000 moshis, and decided to carry on and see how far I could get. Who wants to guess at my new record?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

LarsVegas

EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

LarsVegas

did a qualifying run of the Czech Kendama Open ladder up to Lighthouse.

@BatDancer: I thought about writing 1001 but that seemed to be obvious :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

I managed my first "fast throw lighthouse" yesterday, but a "pull-up" version, not a suicide.
Small triumphs....  :)

John

What's a fast throw lighthouse, Void?

The Void

Adam K

I got lots of new stuff yesterday after being inspired by kendama players at philly fest.
I've even got to the point where my knees get sore after a day of kendama practice!

• Gunslinger pull to spike 4 times, two of them in a row
  • Inward airplane a bunch of time, two times in a row a couple of times
  • Scoop spike first try ever, and 3 times after that
  • Big cup - bird - over valley - spike - earth

Sonicpearse

Bird fly over the valley - I've done it! I've flipping well done it - I'm so happy! It's taken a couple of years practice but worth it! Now I need to do a moon landing!  :)
Sonicpearse

BatDancer

Excellent! Congratulations!

I need to do a lot more practice before I can land Bird, let alone 'over the valley'.

Well done!

Mark

And i witnessed it! Good job Rich! :-)
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

The Void

I saw it too, and that's twice in a few days now, so well done Rich! Keep up that form for the SRC!

shalafi

Quote from: Sonicpearse on 11 October, 2011, 22:30:26
Bird fly over the valley - I've done it! I've flipping well done it - I'm so happy! It's taken a couple of years practice but worth it! Now I need to do a moon landing!  :)

That trick is great, I am still struggling with the bird in small cup.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

kendamatty

Today I am very chuffed and got simultaneous left and right hand pull up spike > earth turn! I struggle with writing my name with me left hand, so all in all muchos happy! the new edit is under way, deadline December time, no student free time anymore so have to pace myself more...  :D