News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Made by Gentosha, same company who make the pink seal jnr "My First Kendama". I've not seen this competition-size model from them before. Don't know if it's an exclusive run only for the 40th anniversary, or if they'll be going into production.

But the seal's exclusive, that's for sure. I believe only 300 were issued per company.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

M.Wang

What a nice birthday present from my best friend!
It's hard to tell, but the grain on this guy is crazy.
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

HansNickmans

Two friends went to Japan on their honeymoon, and I made them a guide to "collectible kendamas". They found this in a coffeeshop in Hiroshima:

They bought it for around 7 euros :) It's actually still in pretty good shape and plays amazing! So I know have a Mugen 'collection' with the yellow and the dark blue that I had before.
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Very nice, @HansNickmans ! A lucky find.
So, will you take €10 for it? ;)

HansNickmans

Not really. I couldn't sell a souvenir now could I?
Kendama Belgium!

KenSan

@HansNickmans That kendama looks like its been loved just the right amount.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

M.Wang

Loving my Alex Smith probably mod! @AlexSmith
:) only complaint is that the paint gets puffy at some points because it didn't adhere to the primer. Maybe this issue will be solved with the new pro models. :D
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

AlexSmith

Glad to hear you're liking the pro mod! I have a couple in the high 60 gram range I've been jamming a fair bit lately. I hope the paint doesn't get much worse, but at the same time I also hope you beat the hell out of it! ;)

@HansNickmans great find! I was once rewarded by a friend who told me his family had an old kendama from his childhood, turned out it was a sakura blossom seal! Traded him some things for it, I was stoked!

Newest additions I've been jamming:

JKA 40th anniversary translucent blue Ozora
GT Huntsman / Ash tama

Kingi

Hey folks, just wanted some options on spike gluing. My super awesome-o partner got me some of that tasty homegrown goodness. The padauk striped one, mmmm...
What do folks feel about gluing. I've not had a dama that I haven't glued but I haven't been playing that long and I've appreciated a durable spike. Should I wear it in or glue it for protection? Hmmm... I have another dama that I'm considering jamming without glue so I'll get to experience that but, I want to make the right decision with my first homegrown.

Help me buddies! Xx

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

myhotcaffeine

That GT Huntsman is soooooo pretty ;_; also the OG Mugen for 7 euros? That's insane!

The Void

This lovely natural Royal came through the door today. Feels suprisingly grippy straight out of the packet. May have to jam this one a fair bit to get the flavour of it. :-D https://twitter.com/thevoidtlmb/status/659374264374661120

The Void

Got these certificates in the post today.
[Log in to see the attachment.]

KenSan

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

PikWik

Yancy Customs - Ash w/CocoBolo Stripe

Yancy Customs - Maple w/Purple Heart Stripe